Chapter 23

Waking up from the blearing sound of my alarm, I blinked away the haziness looming over my sight

It was still nightfall, but I had to be early.

Getting out of bed I made my way to the bathroom, stripping out my clothes and switching on the shower.

I allowed the hot water to beat down my body, immediately enveloping me in warmness as my sore muscles begin to ease.

After, I began to brush my teeth, allowing the hot steam lingering in the room to cloud my thoughts.

Kill a NewBorn. Come back. Keep training.

Nothing else should be on my mind.
But my stomach begins to feel light, filled with fluttering butterflies as I remember the kiss.

Dammit!
Why the fuck did I do that !
Fucking PureBlood. He probably manipulated me!

The palpitations in my stomach were overcome by comfort as I remember my reconciled friendship with Kai; bringing a smile to my face as I reminisce our heart to heart under the moonlight.

Wiping the towel over my body, the droplets of water disappearing as I clothe myself in underwear; quickly blow drying my hair and tying it into a simple ponytail, I made my way back to my room for the rest of my clothes.

How did I get myself in-between both a NewBorn and PureBlood!
The fucking irony!

Ranting in my head, I was completely oblivious of a dark figure sitting on my bed. Pulling trousers over my legs, I jolted in surprise as I quickly bought the towel to cover my nearly naked chest.

Dawn begins to creep through the curtains as beams of sun rays spike through the windows like sharp lasers.

The sunlight flashed against his frame, showing his figure more clearly.

"Kai! Dammit you scared me!" I whispered harshly, not trying to wake up Jasmine who was now shifting on her bed.

Securely wrapping the towel around my chest, I approached Kai who was still silent.

I noticed his hands balled into fists as they grab my bedsheets besides him. His head was faced down as the veins in his hands begin to pop out.

"Kai?" I whispered, crouching down in front of him.

His eyes met mine but they were filled with crimson.

He begins to pant, and his bloody eyes were brimmed in tears as they stared back at me.

"H-help me.." His voice was rough and dry.

Without thinking, I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the bathroom, away from a sleeping Jasmine.

I shut the door and switched the lights on.

His features more prominent, I noticed the beads of sweat that dotted his forehead. He was in agonizing pain as he begins to clutch his throat with his hands.