Chapter 16

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3K, as promised, new chapter!!!

Can I get 1 million reads already?!

Kai.

Locking my eyes on his, I was engulfed by his darken orbs. Wisps of gold twirled and danced around a forgotten forest, trapped within their own world.

Holding my gaze with such intensity, I felt hypnotized.

His familiar aroma was clouded with gloom

His familiar aroma was clouded with gloom. Infinite darkness emitting from his presence as he stared right through me.

An unusual, strong fervor washed over me as I watched him, his eyes not leaving mine; studying me.

His masculine scent overpowered my nose as hints of menthol flow up my nostrils, instantly calming my nerves.

I took notice of his hooded eyes, sheltering his emotions. Heavy eye bags sulking beneath them.

His eyes continued their gaze down at me. He looked exhausted; drained and weary.

"KAI!" Jasmine rushed over to the door, pushing me out of the way, breaking me from my trance.

Her petite frame wrapped around Kai's strong built as she hugged him tightly around his waist, scared of letting go as though he was going to disappear again.

Taken aback, Kai's eyes widen as he yelps in surprise by Jasmine's sudden gesture.

A small, innocent giggle escaped from her curved lips at his reaction, causing him to smile back at the cheerful sound.

A smile that met his eyes as he starts caressing her back, tangling his fingers in her long, brown hair.

A loving twinkle shone from his eyes in adoration as he looked down at his sister.