Chapter 8

Guys comment a lot please, I enjoy reading them!

Btw its back to Anastasia's POV

I woke up feeling as though I had the world on my shoulders, dragging me down and making my head feel heavy

I woke up feeling as though I had the world on my shoulders, dragging me down and making my head feel heavy. Dramatic thoughts of 'what if's' and 'maybe's' filled my head.

Blearily blinking away the haze of sleep that still clouded my vision, I sat up on my bed.

The image of Hardin's face in close proximity etched in my mind. His commanding presence and riveting eyes. His honeyed breath that fanned my face and his citrusy fragrance that itched my nose.

But the image quickly changes to his dark and harden eyes. The way he stiffened as he spoke in a flat, dead voice; devoid of any feelings. The way he exited the room, his face a perfect mask of calm; his emotions unreadable.

A chill shiver sinks deep within my bones, remembering that he's a cold-blooded creature. A vampire.

Shaking the brute from my mind, I shift my focus on Jasmine across the room. She was still sound asleep, curled up into a little ball. Her face was contorted into a haggard expression.

We didn't have lessons today, but we did have the Reunion between Hunters and vampires that was held every week.

And I wondered if I was going to see Hardin..

Why should I care?

After brushing my teeth, I wore my comfiest gym clothes, and walked towards the mirror across the room.

From the reflection I could see Jasmine tossing and turning. She starts blinking her eyes, adjusting herself to the sunlight glowing on her face.

She shifts her body to look at me, resting her cheek on her hand as her elbow held her whole head.

I looked back at her and begin to braid my hair into one fishtail.

"Morning sexy," she says half smilingly in a croaky voice.

I stifled a laugh at her deep, rough voice. She was surprised herself as her eyes widen and she falls her head back to her pillow.

"Whoa, I sound like Kai hitting puberty."

I giggled at the memory.

She got up from her bed and checked the time.

"Noo! I'm gonna be late!"

"For what?"

"I'm meeting Zach during the Reunion today!" She was hopping on one leg as she begins to pull up a pair of skinny jeans.