Chapter 25

Friking love how you can see all the characters I imagine in that edit above^^ IvvyKy

Red eyes.

The red eyes burned bright. Amongst the mass of people swarming the road, he still stood tall and proud as his eyes shafted across, his sour gaze piercing through me like lasers.

Holding me captive, my eyes glued on his, engulfing me in its own fantasy where everything else begins to blur.

Suddenly, the brightness of his eyes becomes overbearing. The lightness sensation in my head making me feel dizzy, yet the only thing I could focus on is red.

Everything else begins to quieten down as the loud voices turn hazy and I was trapped.

Trapped in my own world, where the only being left is the vampire in front.

A hard shove to my shoulder breaks me from my trance, ripping my gaze from the two orbs of bloody red, my attention averts to Kai.

"Don't look into his eyes!" He alerted me, bringing both of his hands and resting it on my shoulders as I focus on his frantic voice.

Still in shock, I could only nod in reply before turning my head to find the shadowed figure.

But he wasn't there anymore.

Swallowed in the crowd of bodies, he disappeared.

"Let's get him!"

Both of us begin to sprint across the road, pushing past the people blocking our sight as we jumped and ran.

Reaching the other side of the road, our faces shift from left and right, trying to locate the vampire.

His descending body and black clothing comes into view. I grab Kai's hand pointing towards the frame and we both begin to chase after it.

The pavement becomes clearer, with a few people scattered around. The black silhouette takes a turn into an alleyway with us following closely behind.

Just as we were about to catch him, he disappears from view.

The alleyway had a dead end.

"Where the fuck did he go?" Kai demanded as his eyes roamed the area and up the walls.

I was still panting, my hands on my knees as I begin to gasp for air.

"I don't fucking know!" I breathed out.

"Where the fuck is that PureBlood when you need him!?"

"Stop worrying about Hardin and find that NewBorn!"

Kai's eyes turn red as his head rotates to locate the lingering scent of the vampire. He freezes in position and slowly lifts his head up.

Following his gaze, the bright sun was suddenly covered as a dark shadow loomed over us.