Chapter 13

Hardin's POV

Hardin's POV

Fiori..

She smelt of sweet flowers, with underlying hints of poison seeping through. The bittersweet scent of roses intertwined with anger.

The delicious fragrance remained lingering under my nose, stored in memory.

The way her thin clothes hugged her body like a second skin, revealing every curve and dip of her beautiful frame.

I'm drawn to her. The undeniable pull is nothing I've ever felt before.

Primal. Elemental.
More powerful than the white-hot hunger and the unquenchable thirst of a NewBorn.

"Sire."
Zach interrupted my thoughts. He stood below the stairway, eyes fixated on mine as I continued to walk down to reach him.

I nodded in approval.
Bowing bodies surrounded us, eyes hidden from my sight.

"Continue." Zach announced bluntly as he looked around.

Immediately, the bodies dispersed.

"Ugh, Mr Casanova. You got everyone staring. Che fastidioso!" Zach groaned, walking towards me.

I rolled my eyes.

Zach wore a clean, sharp suit. The black material complimenting his midnight hair, bringing out his opalescent, sapphire eyes.

"Why are you dressed like you're attending a gala." I remarked, looking him up and down.

"I'm your chaperone. I've got to at least look the part, don't I?" He deadpanned, brushing his suit with elegance.

I rolled my eyes again and he silently snickered at my expression.

"Sire, please join me at the table." He said in a fake, formal voice; loud enough so that the eavesdroppers around us could hear.

Zach noticed that the vampires and Hunters surrounding us were cautious of my every move.
Thus, he kept the facade of a dutiful PureBred - following the rules of the Volturi.

We made our way to a lone table in the middle of the hall. I sat down with Zach sitting in front of me.

He brought out a plate filled with food in front of me. "What is this?" My face contorted in disgust as I questioned Zach.

"You have to eat real food in this school, not blood."

"What? So when do I get blood?"