Chapter 24

tessazoller thankyou so much for the illustration ITS BEAUTIFUL HONESTLY I CANT GET ENOUGH

tessazoller  thankyou so much for the illustration  ITS BEAUTIFUL HONESTLY I CANT GET ENOUGH

A N A S T A S I A C R O S S

Knocking on the headmasters office, I opened to door with excitement pumping through my veins.

Despite the lightheaded feeling on the back of my cranium, they were quickly overflowed with adrenaline as I looked at the desk filled with weapons.

"Good morning, Anastasia." Father's calm tone immediately send shivers over my nerves, silencing the jumping sparks of thrill as his menacing voice resonates through my ear.

"Morning sir."

"You're late."

I looked across the room to see Kai and Hardin on either side of the couch. Anger and domination flowing between them as Kai fiddles with his Ares gun and Hardin watches me from a distance.

Hardin's once twinkling bronze eyes was now encroached with black as his eyes glares threateningly into mine.

Weird.

Involuntarily, I gulped; swallowing the build up of nerves ready to attack my body before shifting my attention back to Father.

"I was distracted. Sorry, it won't happen again." My voice shadowed his own as I nod my head with respect.

"Good. Now. Pick a weapon best suited to your capabilities. They are all Anti-Vampire weapons, so they will immediately kill a NewBorn."

I looked at the desk and immediately my gaze is caught by a long sword sheathed in a beautiful case - my Father's sword, the Forbidden Blade.

My hands automatically grabbed the case, as my head turns to face Father. He had a pleased expression painted over his face as his eyes met mine.

"I knew you was going to pick that." He contently nodded.

"Y-you're giving me your sword?"

"Anastasia. I'm old. I've retired, it's your turn to carry my legacy. The first step is taking that sword."

I remove the sword from it's case with a loud, yet soothing screech. The light metal glided through the air as I wield it in front of me. The smooth movement making it seem as though it was slicing through butter.

I looked at my reflection through the blade, mirroring my features as I look right into my own dead brown eyes.

Darkness emitted through my own, holding me captive in my own gaze as my pupils begin to dilate wider. Filled with the unknown, I begin to feel unfamiliar under my own skin.

"Anastasia."

Shaking the thought away, my attention averts back to Father.

"Yes."