39

I can't seem to hear anything except my heart beating faster than ever. I can't seem to feel anything except the sheet covering my body and Liam's hand pushing me behind him. I can't seem to process anything except the fact that I just want to die right here and now.

Would it be possible to go back in time? I am ready to sell my heart to the devil for it!

I see my dad screaming, his face deformed with anger in a way I never saw him before, his eyes dark, emotionless while his hands clench on Liam's throat. I don't register what he says, but his mouth is moving fast and I want to stop him, but I am paralyzed with fear and something else, something thick and moldy, shame. 

Liam doesn't fight back, and I am thankful for that because dad might be angry but he's no fighter. I've seen what Liam is capable of and I don't want his fight skills directed to my father. But he simply pushes me behind him, trying to protect me with his own body, if he says something I can't hear it. I want to stop this, just as mom wants to, considering how she pulls dad to her. Why the hell can't I move?

But when I see my dad fist bloody after punching Liam once again something in my brain clicks and I get on my knees shielding Liam. My dad might be angry, but he will never touch me.

"Stop!" I scream so loud both mom and dad freeze in place looking at me with big eyes. Liam tries to pull me behind him again, probably afraid my dad will hit me, but I don't let him. "Get out!" my voice sounds so confident like he didn't just walk on me having sex with his co-worker's sun. 

"Nataly, get out of my way before I make you." dad's voice sounds... well, menacing, and something in my stomach moves making me feel sick, but I keep staring at him frowning. "The motherfucker dishonored you and I will kill him right now! You fucking ruined my daughter!"

Dishonor? Where the fuck does my dad think he is? In the 19th century?! I can't believe dad could be so old-fashioned especially considering his other daughter used to spend the night with her boyfriend when he was much younger than me. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand his shock, his anger, even his disappointment. No one wants to see what he just saw and of course, I am sorry for that, but beating Liam and talking like that, that's just a little too much.

"He did what?!" I look at my mom who seems to say sorry to me, trying to pull dad out that door, but now I am the one getting angry. 

"Jasper!" mom yells at dad taking a few steps and turning her back on me and Liam pointing her finger into his eyes. "Stop saying stupid shits and get out so the kids dress up."

"Kids, Emily?! Kids? This animal just whored my baby girl..." before I could react Liam gets up with his hands clenched into fists and I thank God for the boxers he somehow managed to put on. 

"I will not a..." Liam starts getting dangerously close to mom and dad, but before finishing his sentence mom slaps my dad hard. The shock on his face combined with the red mark left by mom's hand makes him look like a lost puppy and my heart hurts at this sight. 

"You out of all people will not talk like that to my daughter, got it?! Instead of being a fucking idiot from the eighteenth century, why don't you just get the fuck out and let them dress up so we could talk like fucking adults?!" 

I never knew mom could say 'fuck' so many times, but yeah, I kind of like her more now. 

"But Emily, our baby girl..."

"Your baby girl is 20, Jasper, she's a full-grown ass woman and if you don't see that, you're an idiot! Which is not a surprise for me anymore." she starts pushing him out the door, and before closing it behind them she turns to face us. "You two, get dressed fast and come down. I will make coffee..." and just like that she's out closing the door.