12

The next day in classes nothing really bad happens, in all classes Liam sits next to me now making me laugh, sending funny notes, or simply staying there in silence, making me feel so utterly confused. This handsome guy paying so much attention to me, being so nice and concern about my well-being and it's impossible for my little heart not to skip a beat when he smiles at me or touches me. 

But then when the class ends it's like the magic is gone, some random girl comes to take him away and he waves me goodbye with a cocky smile on his face. I try my best not to feel jealous because I have no reason to be, he and I are friends and he was so nice to me that I don't want to lose him for some stupid feelings I don't even understand. 

In our lunch break, it's just me, Mary, and Alicia at our table, Logan being at the library for some project, and Liam two tables away from us with his tongue deep down a blonde's throat. 

"What's that look, twinkle?"

Mary asks frowning at me. She wears a beautiful blue peplum top that emphasizes her nice curves and a pair of dark leggings which elongate her legs. Simple black oxford shoes with a matching beautiful purse and small pearls earrings complete her perfect look.  

"Nothing," I say smiling and stuffing some fries into my mouth.

"She's jealous as fuck" Alicia says.

I frown at her shaking my head. In her baby pink short dress, her high heels, with perfect curly hair hanging loosely, and innocent smile, Alicia just made me feel like I was hit in the head with a baseball bat. Multiple times.

"Do you like Liam?" Mary asks me with big surprised eyes. 

Mary starts to laugh placing a hand on Alicia's leg.

Both their heads turn to face me and I just shrug sighting loud. I close my eyes pressing my hands on my temples trying to find my words to explain to them what I feel. 

"Don't know. He's been nice to me and helped me a lot since I met him. And, let's be honest, he is so good-looking that he might as well be a model with his dark hair, dark eyes, dark clothes, dark... well, dark everything."

We laugh so hard at this point that Alicia chokes with her coffee.

Alicia says looking behind me at him examining him shamelessly, making me blush for no reason at all. 

"Well, yeah, he is hot" I continue. "And I feel attracted to him, but he's literally dating every girl in here, plus I am definitely not his type and he's not interested in me like that. Plus, even if assuming he would like me, I would be too afraid to ruin our new friendship trying to be together. I really appreciate his friendship, girls."

"Maybe you're just confused, Nat," Mary says. "You never had a guy friend up until now so it's safe to assume you might as well confuse friendship with something else, especially since your new friend is looking like him."

Alicia nods making me nod too and thinking maybe my friend has a very good point, maybe I am just confused. So when Liam and that girl approach us telling us we should go to our next class, I smile at them sincerely and even offer the girl half of my chocolate cookie. I'm just confused by this new situation, that's all this is.

Or at least I convince myself it is until after classes when we get to his house. He was sweet enough to come to school today with a bike so we could pedal together to his place, even if I never told him I have a problem with cars. I suppose Mary did. And when we get to his place he gives me a small tour of the house, makes me coffee, and instructs his brother, who got home long before us because he drove here, to order Chinese food for the three of us in 30 minutes. How he knew Chinese was my favorite food is beyond my understanding.