15

"I can't lift 10 kilograms with only one arm, Liam, I will break something..."

It's our second training and I already feel like this is a very bad idea because Liam gives me two dumbbells of 10 kilograms each telling me to do something that is called a biceps curl. I obviously had no idea what that was, but there he is showing off lifting 25 kilograms with each arm like it's not a big deal telling me to pay attention to how his arms are moving because I should do the same. I roll my eyes when his already huge arm muscles tighten looking bigger than normal.

"Now you just show off!" I complain as he finishes his set and instead of letting the weights down he simply keeps them in his hands. 

During the last few days Liam made me ask him all the questions I felt like needing an answer for, he told me so much about himself that now I literally feel like I know him since forever. I know how he broke his hand when he was 8, how he was grounded for two months for destroying his dad's car trying to learn how to drive alone and how he tried to beat up his dad when one night he heard his mom moaning with his dad on top of her on their bad. He told me so many stories from his past that it's strange to think I know him only for a week.  

I also found out his favorite color, black obviously, and he ignored me when I told him that's not even a color. Also, his favorite food is Hawaiian pizza which I find extremely revolting because who on earth would want pineapple on their pizza and why? Liam's favorite movie series is Lord of the Rings which is great because I love it too. He likes to read SF, thrillers, and classic romantic books, which somehow is a very strange combination.

Is very easy to feel a bond forming between me and him, I trust him more and more every day, and each morning I can't wait to see him at school, talk to him. But I got used to us being friends, I even asked him and Kim, the girl he was kissing, to join us on lunch break yesterday, and it was actually quite fun. Logan teased him a lot and I talked with her, she seemed nice, but I didn't try to be friends with her, I knew by the next break she will be out of the picture. 

"If you don't get your ass on that bench and start lifting those weights right now, you're going to be in serious problems, cookie."

He threatens and I start to laugh, but I listen to him anyways. I try to move my hands like I've seen him doing it feeling like my arms are going to break because of the effort. The first set is extremely painful and he has to correct my form, making sure I don't move my elbows, apparently that would ruin the entire exercise. By the second set things are better, Liam goes back to his own bench to continue his own exercise. My last set is exhausting and I feel my muscles gummy and hurting, but even so, I feel good about myself.

Of course, it doesn't last too much, because Liam shows me another exercise, and another and another. And he doesn't stop until every single muscle on my body hurts like hell. Do you know we have muscles around our neck and you literally use them all the fucking time? I had no idea those muscles existed and that they are so used. 

"Why are you walking like that, Nat?"

I frown at him wishing I could have the power to kick his ass so bad that he would have to walk just like me for a week. Better for two weeks.   

"I would punch you, but I know it would hurt me more than it will hurt you." 

"Does it hurt that bad?"

I nod not understanding how 30 minutes of weight training could leave me in so much pain, like seriously, am I so horribly weak?

He comes to me taking my hand pulling me to where a green sports mat is laid on the ground. He instructed me to sit on my tummy promising it will make it less painful. I do as he asks me thinking he will just let me sleep for the rest of my life now.