25

The diner was not a disaster, after all, quite the opposite, it was actually fun, everyone ended up laughing and drinking a little too much. Our dads started to make a lot of jokes that will mark us kids for life, our moms were blushing with every word they got out of their mouths, and Liam and Logan looked like they were about to start a fight with their own dad. Thankfully mom sent Logan and Mary to help her clean the living room, but that was an hour ago so I guess they ended up making out somewhere in our house. Amazing!

Liam and mom went to the kitchen by the same time as the happy couple ditched us, so after another hour of dirty jokes from my father, I give up and go see if mom needs my help too.

"Nataly is a special girl, I just don't want you to hurt her."

Mom's soft voice makes me stop behind the closed door listening, thinking they are talking about training or school or whatever, but not about me and Liam.

"You helped her a lot, Liam, and I am thankful for that, but I just can't understand what's going on between you two and this concerns me."

After an awkward silence that lasts quite some time, my mom sighs moving around the kitchen, as I can hear her heels on the wooden floor.

"Look, I've been young too, I get it, you want her in your bed as you told her months ago... Yeah, she told me."

In the last part she says it laughing, I imagine because Liam is shocked that she knows, that I told her about that. In my defense, our parents didn't know each other at the time and there's no way I could imagine they will become besties and Liam a regular guest in this house.

"As much as I appreciate your honesty, Liam, you have to stop trying to get in her pants. Nataly is not like that, and you know it very well, that's why you make her fall for you."

Is this what he's doing? That's why he's always nice to me, always taking care of me and making sure I am ok, to get in my pants? If that would be true then I would deserve a reward for the stupidest person alive because nothing that happened between us was real, everything was a fucking lie...

"What are you talking about, Mrs. Emily?"

"I am talking about all this touching that's happening for such a long time, taking care of her as you would actually care, always attending to her every single need, hugging her in front of your parents, looking at her like you're undressing her with your eyes in front of her dad... Every single thing that you normally do around Nat to get her in your bed."

A loud noise comes from the kitchen, something or someone hit the wooden table hard, but when I hear Liam's angry voice I know for sure it was his doing.

"I don't do anything to get Nataly in my bed, I really care about your daughter, Mrs. Emily."

Mom's steps echo on the floor again as she walks around. I don't know how to feel about what Liam just told my mom, he cares for me and that's something I already knew, but hearing him say that out loud and to my mom, it makes my heart a bit faster than it should. But at the same time, it gives me an empty sensation in my stomach because caring is not what I feel for him...

"You love her, Liam, don't you?"

Mom's voice says and I am surprised he doesn't say anything back, not a single word denying it or saying yes or calling my mom crazy.

"And she loves you too, you know?"

My cheeks get so red hearing my mom's words, realizing she just confessed my feelings for him to him, realizing she might just have destroyed our friendship, that from now on he will probably avoid me as he does with all the girls around him.