7

I shake my head multiple times before remembering we are talking on the phone so he can't actually see me answering like that. I hit my face with my palm surprised by how idiotic I can be sometimes.

"It's a bad idea, Liam. She will get so mad..."

"And why would we care? It's not like we do something bad, we are just friends..."

"Why do you want to be my friend so bad?"

I find myself asking while sitting on my couch getting more comfortable.

"I told you, I like you. I couldn't tell exactly why, but I feel a terrible need to talk to you and be around you, I never felt like this with anyone. Since I saw you this morning blushing like that only because of a joke I can't stop thinking about you. I want to know you better, cookie. Is that a bad thing?"

I smile remembering how he made my insides feel warm today and enjoying the same feeling now.

"No, it's not. I just planed to keep my head low this year, I don't want Tiffany to think I am actually stealing her boyfriend, as you insinuated earlier... "

He laughs for some time before answering.

"As you wish, but cookie, I am not her boyfriend or anyone's actually, I don't do relationships. I just fu... well, it was a one-time thing and I told you I am sorry about my words. Could you please forget I was such an idiot?"

I don't like the way he talks about her. She might be mean to me, but no girl deserves to be treated like that by anyone, used and tossed aside. 

"Maybe she has feelings for you, Liam. Girls tend to develop feelings for guys like you really fast, you know?" I say with an angry voice.

"Guys like me? Care to explain this one?"

I start talking before realizing what I was actually saying.

"You know, guys that are handsome like you, dark and mysterious, with tattoos and muscles and the whole bad boy allure..."

I stop myself before saying even more stupid things when I understand what I just told him. He obviously doesn't miss it.

"So, you think I am handsome, cookie? And dark? And mysterious? Geez, thanks!" He says joking but soon enough becomes serious. "She doesn't care about me, Nataly, she doesn't even know me. I was honest with her, I told her what I can offer her and she agreed. I don't play with anyone's feelings here, I am not that kind of guy. The only reason she says she's interested in me is that I totally ignored her today and pay attention to you, apparently her biggest enemy." 

I sight, feeling again that thing in my stomach which I am pretty sure now is jealousy. She had sex with him and I am jealous as fuck about it and it's wrong. Liam offered me his friendship, I can't feel this way when he talks about other girls, right? 

"Anyways," he says stopping my head from exploding "do you want to tell me why she hates you like that?"

"I honestly don't know, Liam. I know her since kindergarten, we usually ignored her, but since I started college, after my sister's death, she started picking fights with me... When I had Criss she never did anything to me, but since I was left alone she can't stop messing with me and I simply don't want to fight anymore, I just want her to leave me alone."

I know it might sound stupid, I know that to him I might sound like a drama queen, maybe it would have sounded the same for me one year ago. Before the accident, I and Tiffany just ignored each other, but if she would have picked up on me I would have done or said something, so would my sister, she would have defended me.