45

"Remember me, again, why do we like Tiffany now?" Mary asks for the 100 times today, even if I explain everything that happened yesterday and how my dad turned out to be a bastard and Tiffany my sister. 

"Come on, Mary, she's my sister ok? We both try to get to know each other and for God's Sake please behave." she gives me an apologetic look before as she starts eating her sandwich and I keep watching around to find Tiffany so we could eat together as we promised. 

I sigh as I remember how good it felt to forget everything last night, even for a little while to be able to stop my brain and let my body enjoy Liam. The best part was that I ended up exhausted, falling asleep instantly, no dreams, no waking up in the middle of the night, just incredible good sleep. Unfortunately, when I woke up reality stroke again. Liam left early in the morning to his house to do his morning workout, which he skipped for way too long in his opinion so I was left alone with mom, which I suspect was Liam's intent all along. 

I found her crying in the kitchen with her laptop closed in front of her, her cries so quiet like she didn't want anyone to hear her. I went to her and wrapped my arms around her promising her we will get over this shitty situation. We talked for almost an hour and she seemed much better afterward, she was about to meet with a lawyer to present her case and see how fast she could get divorced. She will be fine, I know mom, she's a strong one. 

When Liam came to get me to school we were already so late that we missed the first class, but we managed to make it to the second. 

I lean against Liam's muscular chest as he places his hands around my body squeezing me in a tight embrace, kissing the back of my neck, half of the people in the cafeteria looking at us. I blush, but there's no point in denying it: I like the fact that everyone knows he's mine. I know, such a childish thing, but hey, it's true. 

Tiffany walks in with another killer outfit, black leggings, a royal blue blouse with a sexy low-cut neck, and heels to die for. Or with, if you are me. Her hair is loose, her makeup flawless and she smiles the second she spots me. I smile back, my heart beating faster nervously as I get up.

"See you after lunch," I say to Liam kissing his delicious lips fast, but he pulls me his arms, prolonging it. 

"I'll be here waiting, ok? If something happens..."

"Nothing will happen, babe. I love you!" I start walking to Tiffany. "See you all later," I say to all my friends who wave at me as I am walking away from their table. 

It's so strange not to be with all of them during lunch, I think it would be the first time in a very long time. But Tiffany and I need to talk, to sort things out, to simply learn how to be at least friends. 

She waits for me in front of a small two-person table which is not so away from my usual one, that I think she chose this on purpose, so I feel a little more comfortable knowing my friends are close. I take a seat in front of her, ore trays in front of each other and I find it kind of funny that we both have turkey sandwiches and coffees for lunch. 

"How are things at your house?" she asks as an ice breaker and mom crying in the morning pops up in my head. 

"Difficult, but it will get better," I say and she nods smiling, not her usual superior smile, more like an I-got-you kind of smile. "How are things at your place?"

She laughs sadly before answering "A total fucking mess... Jasper apparently moved in and he convinced mom I need boundaries. I am fucking 20, he's late for the fatherly concerns. But he always manipulated her in such a way it scares the shit out of me."

Seeing how her eyes change as she talks about dad, realizing she calls him by his name, not father or dad or something, and the hate written all over her face as she speaks makes me shiver as I ask "Is he bad with you and your mom?" Don't know where this comes from because I lived with him for 20 years and never he laid hands on any of us, he treated us nicely, but as I see Tiffany tense I realize that's only our case.