[10]

After the initial shock passed, Olivia snaked her arms around Rafael's neck and deepened the kiss. She was so sure that after what Elliot pulled, that Rafael would forever be turned off by her. But instead, he still seemed to like her, and she still liked him.

"Rafael, what are we doing?" Olivia whispered as she leaned away and locked eyes with the man she had been kissing just moments ago.

"We were just kissing... do you not wanna do that?" Rafael asked, and Olivia sighed softly before raking her fingers through her hair.

"I want to do that, Rafa. But like, are you sure? We work together and what if we get caught?"

"I don't know. I guess we will just have to deal with things as they come up."

"I promise you that I'll never... ever... wanna be with Elliot again. I wish he wasn't the father of my kid." Olivia frowned.

"But then Cade wouldn't be who he is now." Rafael spoke before hearing the elevator ding. 

"Can we hang out tonight? I'd like to talk more about this." Olivia spoke, as she stepped away from Rafael.

"Yeah. Meet me at my office. I'll take you out."

"Okay." Olivia breathed, before quickly turning and running towards the locker room as Cragen came into the office.

"Barba, what are you doing here?" Cragen questioned, as Olivia stood in the locker room's doorway.

"I just came in to pick up the closed case file for the Lewis case." Rafael spoke.

"Ah, yeah. It's in my office. Follow me."

///

Olivia went home after work and got showered and changed before leaving her room. She found her best friend and son in the kitchen, both being very talkative over their dinner of dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, mashed potatos, and glasses of chocolate milk.

"Mama! Dinner is ready." Cade giggled, as he held a partially eaten nugget out to his mother.

"I'm fine, baby. But thank you." Olivia spoke, as she walked over and unplugged her phone.

"Where are you going, Liv?" Alex asked, and Olivia turned around slowly and smiled at her friend.

"I have a meeting tonight. Are you good here with Cade?" Olivia mused, and Alex nodded.

"Yeah. Uh, let me walk you out." Alex smiled, before standing and moving to where her friend stood. 

Olivia and Alex walked outside and Alex was quick to start asking questions.

"So, where are you going that you have to dress up in this fancy jumpsuit?" Alex asked, and Olivia sighed softly as she looked down at her outfit.

"Just a meeting."

"Olivia-"

"Please don't say my full name. I'm not in trouble. And if I come home late, then just know that I was safe with someone and not on the street." Olivia spoke, before quickly moving towards her van.

"Olivia, are you going on a date with Rafael?" Alex asked, and Olivia shrugged as she walked around to the driver's side door before opening it and tossing her purse in.

"I don't know. I guess you will find out tomorrow. Don't kill my kid, alright?"

"As long as you promise to wear protection if things get hot and heavy!"

///

Olivia got a text from Rafael so instead of meeting him at his office, she met him at his apartment. She had been there a few times before, but right now it was different. She wasn't there to discuss a case. She was there to kiss him and talk.

"Hey there beautiful." Rafael spoke, and Olivia turned around slowly and smiled when she saw Rafael walking towards her. He had a few bags in one hand and his keys in his other hand.

"Hi. I was worried that you might be standing me up. I've been buzzing your apartment for the last five minutes."

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I wanted to get us dinner."

"So, what do you wanna talk about?" Rafael asked, as he and Olivia moved into his building.

"Well, us I guess. I don't think that there is a us yet... but we are in a very tricky situation since we work together." Olivia spoke, as she followed Rafael up the stairs.

"What did Cragen do when you and Elliot got married?" 

"Well, he bitched at us for lying to him. Then he threatened us with seperating us. But not long before we actually got married, he decided to go to his boss and tell them that he wasn't going to let his best detectives get seperated. I ended up with Fin and Elliot ended up with John."

"They can't seperate us." Rafael chuckled, as he unlocked his apartment and let Olivia in first before moving in himself.

"They can though. They could send me to a different unit or you'd be reassigned. I just wish that everything was simpler. That you and I could try being together without fearing that we'd end up on opposite sides of the city." Olivia frowned.

"Let's make things simple for the night." Rafael breathed, as he sat the bags down on his coffee table.

"Huh?" Olivia asked.

"No one else is here. It's just you and me. We both really like each other and maybe we should test some things out."

"Like sleeping with each other?" Olivia breathed as she grew nervous. She hasn't slept with anyone since the night she and Elliot made Cade.

"If you wanted too."

"Rafael, I'm not comfortable with my body." Olivia whispered.

"Why not?" Rafael asked, and Olivia frowned before walking over to Rafael as she shrugged a bit.

"Being pregnant with Cade really took a toll on my body. I've gotten back to my pre-baby weight, but I still just don't feel confident about my body like I used too. Elliot used to compliment my body all the time, but then I feel like as I got older... that's why he went searching for a younger girl who looks way better than me." Olivia frowned.

"I think that you are beautiful, Olivia. I love your mind and the way you interact with victims. And you are such a good mom. I'm glad that I got transfered to SVU, and that I got to become your friend and fall incredibly hard for you."

"You aren't just going to leave me after I sleep with you, right?" Olivia questioned nervously.

"No, Liv. It's going to take a lot more to make me leave you. Trust me. A lot."

"I have a lot of stretch marks... it's not a pretty sight." Olivia breathed.

"You are beautiful, Liv. I've never met someone as stunning as you."