[27]

Olivia felt like an enormous weight had been lifted off her shoulders and heart once Alex came back into her life. She didn't feel nearly as alone as she had when Alex was recovering and hating her. It took a few weeks to really get back to where they had been before, especially since Alex has said some harsh things to Olivia, but they managed to get close again and just in time for Alex to help plan things for the new baby. And she was around to celebrate major holidays, which made them even more special.

"Merry Christmas!" Cade cried as soon as he came running from his bedroom. Olivia and Rafael were already sitting on the sofa and drinking coffee and tea, so Cade didn't have to run around and try to wake them up so he could open his gifts.

"Merry Christmas, love." Olivia smiled as she sat her mug down before standing and walking to her son. She pulling him away from the tree before hugging him tightly and peppering his hair and face in kisses.

"Mama, can this wait? I wanna open gifts!" Cade whined, and Olivia rolled her eyes as she heard her fiance let out a laugh.

"If you think this is so funny, keep him away from the gifts while I get Clay up." Olivia sighed as she released her son.

"Of course I get the hard job!" Rafael sighed, as he had to quickly run to grab their son as he reached for a gift.

"Daddy, please!" Cade whined.

While Olivia was getting Clayton up and changed, Alex showed up with her gifts for the boys and their parents. She helped to keep Cade occupied until his baby brother was awake enough to help tear through all the gifts.

"Hey, I didn't think you were coming over this morning." Olivia smiled as she ushered Clayton from his bedroom and into the living room.

"I wanted to spend all of Christmas with my family... I hope it's okay." Alex spoke as she walked over to Olivia.

"Of course it's okay!" Olivia smiled. They hugged for a long moment but parted when they heard wrapping paper ripping.

"I guess we are starting." Olivia smiled, and Alex laughed as she looked at her nephews.

"I guess we are."

/// 

The boys were spoiled like usual, but so was the little girl that they had yet to meet. Olivia didn't buy anything for her daughter for Christmas, especially since she wasn't there yet and had more than enough clothes for the first year of her life, but Alex, Rafael, and the boys did.

Little Lilah Mae ended up with stuffed animals, a wooden puzzle of her name, several hats, and a blanket that had her name stitched into it. Olivia was beyond overwhelmed with all the amazing gifts, and she started to cry as she looked over everything.

"Mama, are you sad?" Cade asked, his blue eyes wide as he watched his mother flick tears from her cheeks.

"N-no, I'm not sad. I'm really happy. I promise." Olivia sniffled as she ran her fingertips over her daughter's blanket.

"Mama, are you sure? You cry a lot." Cade sighed, as he continued to watch his mother.

"Cadey, your Mama cried a lot when you were in her belly. She's really not sad. She's super happy because of all the sweet gifts we got for Lilah and because we are all here with her." Alex explained, as she passed Olivia the box of tissues.

"I'm sorry that I'm a mess." Olivia chuckled, before motioning for Cade to start cleaning up his and Clayton's wrapping paper.

Olivia sat everything to the side before heading into the kitchen to compose herself. She was just getting a bottle of water from the fridge when Alex came into the kitchen.

"Your kid is truly the sweetest. He was so worried about you." Alex spoke softly as she moved over and stood by the counter.

"He gets it from me... Elliot was far from sweet." Olivia sighed.

"Let's not talk about that giant asshole, okay?" Alex said sharply, and Olivia nodded.

"Yeah, sorry... Uh, so why aren't you out there with them? I swear that I'm fine. I just needed some space." Olivia spoke awkwardly.

"I have something that I need to tell you. At the moment it is a sensitive subject, so I can't say it in front of Rafael and the boys." Alex breathed.

"Okay? Are you sick or-"

"After you helped me pick out the donor, I went behind your back again... and my doctor confirmed my pregnancy yesterday morning. I'm six weeks along, so it's still a super long time before I will be able to tell anymore else. But I had to tell you. You are my best friend and I need you to help me through this all." Alex breathed.

Olivia didn't say anything for a very long moment before nodding.

"Okay." She breathed.

"Okay? Is that all you have to say? Olivia-" Alex huffed as she started to get pissed off. Olivia shook her head before quickly stepping forward and placing her hand across Alex's mouth. 

"I will be with you every single step of the way. I will make sure that you aren't alone through this all. Thank you so much for telling me and trusting me. And don't get pissed off at me for not really knowing what to say, especially since what happened last time. I am happy for you and I cannot wait to be an aunt. Trust me."

///

The boys passed out earlier than they usually do since they had such a good day. Everyone had a lot of fun, and it was one of the best Christmases that they had celebrated in a while.

"Rafael?" Olivia questioned as she came out of the bathroom and spotted a box on her pillow.

"Yes?" Rafael asked as he tried to play dumb.

"What's this? Because we set a limit on our gifts for each other this year, especially since you got my engagement ring this year." Olivia sighed as she pulled the blankets back before grabbing the box as she sat down.

"This is a special gift, my love. Kinda like a thank you gift for making me a father." Rafael smiled.

"Huh?"

"Just open it." Rafael replied.

Olivia sighed before settling back against her pillows. She slowly opened the box before running her fingers over the necklace that had the birth stones of all three of her children on it. 

"This is beautiful, Rafa... it makes it really real that soon Lilah will be here and we will be done having kids." 

"Three is enough for now, but you never know. There might be another kid we are meant to adopt in the future. But honestly, Liv, thanks for everything. My life is so much better now that you, Cade, Clayton, and Lilah are a part of it."