[5]

"She's lying! Abbie saw her drinking!" Elliot yelled. Olivia struggled to breathe as she sat back down and played with the charms on her necklace. 

She knew that Judge Hall had heard what she said, but she was more worried that he would believe Elliot and Abbie over herself. She took her son's wellbeing very seriously while she was pregnant with him and after he was born.

She made sure to always take her vitamins, and she never drank or ate things that weren't good for herself or Cade, and she never put her son's life at risk while at work. She did her best, and now Elliot was making it seem like she was always a bad person. That she was punishing Cade while pregnant with him.

"Silence!" Judge Hall yelled, and Elliot rolled his eyes as he sat down.

They sat in silence as Judge Hall thought quietly to himself. Alex rested her hand against Olivia's shoulder as she leaned down to her ear.

"You are an absolutely amazing mother, Olivia. Cade loves you and he is so lucky to have you as his mother." Alex whispered, and Olivia shook her head.

"No one is lucky when they are around me... Cade is going to live with Elliot, no matter how hard I fight to keep him." Olivia whispered back as she wiped tears from her cheeks.

"Tomorrow we are going to pick this back up. No one, not even Mrs. Stabler, will be allowed to sit and listen in. We will start with testimonies from character witnesses and then I will decide who shall be Cade Benson's custody holder. I will have a decision made by the end of the week." Judge Hall spoke, before standing and moving to leave.

"Can I take my kid home or not?!" Elliot spat, and Judge Hall turned and looked at him before sighing.

"Unless you plan on breast feeding your son, he will be returned into his mother's care and stay there until I determine what to do." Judge Hall spoke sternly, before moving into his chambers.

Olivia looked over at Elliot and saw how absolutely angry he was. How disgusted he was due to the fact Olivia was taking his baby home.

"You aren't taking him home, I am." Elliot spoke, as he quickly moved to leave the court room. He wanted to race his ex wife it seemed.

"Elliot!" Olivia cried, but she didn't do more than that. She was giving up.

"Olivia, I'm getting Cade. Just sit here and wait."

///

The social worker had been given Judge Hall's order, and she wouldn't release Cade to anyone but Olivia. And after a security officer had to remove Elliot and Abbie from the courthouse, Olivia finally got to hold her baby.

"Hey, love." She cooed softly, as she held her son close.

"He seems so much happier in your arms." The social worker spoke softly.

"He'll have to get used to being happy in his father's arms." Olivia frowned deeply.

"Ms. Benson, don't give up yet." 

"I've sat through custody hearings before. I was character witnesses for many parents who were seeking custody of their children. And no matter how many times I've seen the mother win, I just don't believe that I will. I'm a single woman who works in a high risk field. Chances are that I'll be forced to hand my son over by the end of the week." Olivia frowned, before turning and leaving the room.

Alex was waiting outside, and she made sure to kiss Cade's forehead before they headed towards the car.

"How is he doing?" Alex asked, and Olivia shrugged as she looked down at her son.

"He seems fine. He'll be hungry by the time we get home." Olivia replied softly.

"He's staying with you." Alex spoke, as she tried to reassure her best friend.

"I really doubt that. Uh, who did you get to be my character witness?" Olivia asked, and Alex smiled as she eyed her friend.

"You can wait for tomorrow." Alex spoke, and Olivia sighed before shaking her head.

"Alex, I can't stand surprises anymore."

"The crew is going to help us out in that department." Alex grinned.

"They have-"

"They are taking shifts. We are starting with Cragen and then work down the line."

"So Cragen, Munch, and Fin?"

"And Amanda." Alex spoke, as they made their way to Alex's car. 

"Amanda? She hasn't known me that long... like she met me just days before I found out that I was pregnant." Olivia spoke.

"She has seen how careful you were about your safety and Cade's during your pregnancy. She cares about you just as much as everyone else does." Alex spoke.

Olivia nodded slowly as she opened the back door and started to put Cade in his carseat.

"We are thinking David." Elliot spoke loudly from where he was standing behind the two women.

"What?" Olivia whimpered.

"David. For his name. And I'd prefer if you called him David from now on. We don't need him to get confused."

"Fuck you, Stabler." Alex huffed, before shutting the door so Elliot couldn't see Cade.

"I wouldn't waste my time fucking you, Alex." Elliot smirked before looking his ex wife up and down.

"Stop looking at her." Alex ordered, but Elliot didn't stop.

"Abbie already lost all her baby weight. Try harder, Liv. Or else you may never meet someone else to have pity sex with you."

///

Olivia couldn't sleep that night and ended up on the front steps of the apartment building. She drank tea and tried to relax but it was hard.

"Liv?" A soft voice spoke, and Olivia turned her head and smiled tiredly at Amanda.

"What are you doing here?" Olivia asked.

"Alex called me. Told me about how court went... I'm sorry, Liv. You deserve so much better than what you have been recieving." Amanda spoke, as she sat beside Olivia.

"You don't have to testify on my behalf if you don't want too." Olivia spoke softly, as she balanced her mug on her knee and tugged on the sleeves of her sweatshirt.

"I need too, Olivia. You really took me under your wing when I joined SVU. This is the least I can do... it's kinda like me thanking you for everything you have done for me."