[21]

"So what's happening?" Bernie asked, as Olivia continued to hug her son as he cried quietly into her neck.

"Olivia's pregnant and that piece of paper told Cade what sex the baby is." Rafael smiled as he looked over the group before finding where his mother stood.

"You two are having a baby?" Lucia spoke, and Rafael nodded.

"Yeah... you are going to be a grandma." Rafael smiled. He made his way over to his mother and hugged her, as Olivia finally stood and took the paper from her son before reading it.

Tears welled in her eyes before she felt Alex walk over and gently rubbed her back.

"So?" Alex asked, and Olivia sniffled as she turned and looked at her friend.

"I'm getting a daughter." Olivia whispered.

"Grandma! I'm getting a baby sister!" Cade yelled, as he ran to Bernie as he wiped tears from his cheeks.

"Today is truly an amazing day, huh?" Bernie smiled as she hugged her grandson.

"Today is awesome!"

///

The party fizzled out about two hours after gifts, cake, and ice cream. Cade and Clayton passed out after their baths, and that left Olivia and Rafael to discuss their newest baby.

"I can not believe that it's a girl." Olivia spoke as she finished wiping off the island.

"I can't either. I expected for us to have three boys." Rafael admitted as he looked over his fiancee and smiled at her. 

"Why are you smiling?" Olivia asked awkwardly, as she started to blush a bit.

"I'm just happy, Liv. And you are absolutely stunning... kinda glowing too." Rafael breathed.

"I think I'm just sweating. It's August." Olivia laughed. She fanned her fiance off as she moved over to the sink. Rafael stopped her before turning her around slowly. They met eyes before Rafael shook his head.

"You are the most beautiful woman in the world, Liv. And I'm the luckiest man on Earth because I get to be your person. I get to be a father to our sons and our little girl." Rafael breathed, before reaching out and running his fingers over Olivia's stomach. Olivia started to tear up, before leaning close and kissing Rafael deeply.

They kissed for several long moments before starting to move towards their bedroom. As they turned off the lights and shut the door, Olivia's phone rang. She quickly moved back out of her bedroom and right to where her phone was charging in the kitchen.

She didn't know who was calling, but she answered anyway.

"Olivia Benson." She spoke quickly.

"Ms. Benson?" The man questioned, and Olivia sighed as she leaned against the wall.

"Yeah, that's me. What's up? Who are you?" Olivia questioned rapidly.

"Uh, I'm Officer Krause. I responded to car accident, and you were the victim's emergency contact." The officer spoke.

"W-who?" Olivia whispered as she drew in a sharp breath. She knew that she was the emergency contact for several people, so she was scared to death to know who got into the accident.

"Alexandra Cabot? She's blonde-"

"Is she okay?!" Olivia cried as she started to breathe faster. Rafael quickly came out of the bedroom and came to her side in the kitchen.

"She's on her way to the hospital. St. Michaels."

"O-okay. Uh, I'm on my way." Olivia whimpered, before quickly hanging up and unplugging her phone.

"What's wrong? Baby, tell me." Rafael spoke as Olivia slipped past him before heading towards the front door.

"Alex got into a car accident. I gotta get to her." Olivia whimpered as she grabbed her purse and tried to fish her keys from the messy interior of it. 

"Baby, slow down." Rafael cooed, as he reached out and grabbed his fiancee's keys from the bowl by the door. She went to grab them from him, but he stopped her.

"Give them to me, Rafa. Please." Olivia sniffled, as tears started to stream steadily down her cheeks.

"I'm not going to have to break the news to Alex when she wakes up that you got into an accident too. So I'm going to call Lucy, and have her meet us at the hospital. She can get the boys from us and we can focus on Alex, okay?"

"Rafa-"

"We will be out of here in ten minutes. Do you want to get Cade or Clay?"

"I'll get Clay..."

///

They managed to get out of the house in eight minutes. Olivia's hands were shaking too bad to get her son buckled in, so Rafael had to buckle Cade and Clayton into their seats. But eventually they made it out of the driveway and towards the hospital. Olivia made calls to the crew, and they all planned on gathering at the hospital to wait for news on their beloved friend and former ADA.

By the time they got to the hospital, Alex had already been rushed into a trauma room. She was getting worked on by a huge group of doctors and nurses, and Olivia couldn't see anything from the large double doors.

"Ma'am, do you need help?" A nurse asked as she came up beside Olivia.

"I-i'm Olivia Benson. That's my friend... I'm her emergency contact." Olivia whispered, before turning her head and looking at the nurse. She couldn't make out any of her features because her eyes were filled with tears.

"Alexandra Cabot?" The nurse asked, as she led Olivia slowly from the room where the doctors tried to save Alex's life.

"Y-yeah." Olivia sniffled.

"Okay, I'm going to tell the doctor that you are here. Why don't you go sit down and we will tell you when we have an update, okay?"

"Do you know anything about her condition? Anything at all?" Olivia asked, as Fin came into the ER and rushed to her side.

"I don't. But I will find out." The nurse smiled softly, before gently squeezing Olivia's arm. Olivia turned and looked at Fin before leaning into him as they moved past all the nurses and doctors.

"So she got into an accident?" Fin asked, as he helped Olivia over to a bank of seats.

"I-i got a call a little after nine. An officer found her phone and called me." Olivia whispered.

"Do you know what happened at all or-"

"Liv?" A weak voice spoke. Olivia quickly turned around before seeing a bruised and battered Elliot standing there. He had his arm in a sling and a large bandage on her forehead.

"El? What happened?" Olivia asked, before starting to breathe heavily again.

"I hit Alex."