[4]

The court date was set for the Monday after Olivia was served. For the four days that they had to wait, Olivia became an anxious mess. She spent most nights wide awake, and she even started to pack up Cade's stuff because she was scared that she'd lose him to Elliot.

Monday morning came along, and Olivia packed Cade up to bring him to the courthouse where a social worker was supposed to watch him. If Elliot got him after only one day of court, then Olivia would be allowed to say goodbye before having to pass her son off to his father.

"Okay, his bags are in my car." Alex spoke as she came into the apartment.

"Okay. Uh, I just need to change his diaper one last time and then he'll be ready to go." Olivia frowned as she looked down at her little boy. She had only been able to hold her son for thirteen days, and she didn't know if today would be the last time she'd hold her son.

"Are you ready?" Alex asked, as she followed her friend back into her room. Olivia laid Cade down on the changing table before gathering what she needed to change his diaper.

"I'll never be ready, Alex. Elliot is really mean and greedy, so he won't stop until he gets Cade." Olivia whispered. She leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to Cade's forehead before moving to change his diaper.

Alex stood and just watched, and once Olivia was done, she stole a quick hug from her.

"I'm a good lawyer, Liv. I have a very high win rate. And honestly, Elliot has a bad track record that I've dug up."

"Alex-"

"If he wants to play dirty, we will play dirty too."

///

Before court started, breaks were set up so Olivia could leave and nurse Cade before coming back in. Once the schedule was set, they sat down and Judge Hall went over Elliot's request.

"Mr. Stabler, you are asking for complete custody of your son with Ms. Benson, correct?" Judge Hall asked, as he lifted his eyes from the paper he had been reading from.

"Yes, your honor. My wife and I would like for Olivia to be completely out of the picture. We would also like to change Cade's name." Elliot explained, as he stood beside his lawyer. Olivia was standing on the other side of the aisle and was having a hard time breathing and keeping herself calm.

"Ms. Benson, you also filed not long ago?"

"Yes, your honor. I filed for full custody of Cade, along with Elliot signing away his rights." Olivia spoke softly.

"How old is the child in question?" Judge Hall asked, and this time it was the lawyer's time to talk. Olivia and Elliot were allowed to sit down, and just wait for their time to talk.

"Cade Benson is thirteen days old." Alex answered.

"Okay, and how far into Ms. Benson's pregnancy did the divorce become final?" Judge Hall asked, as he settled back in his well stuffed leather chair.

"Olivia and Elliot were divorced for a few months by the time Olivia found out she was pregnant. Elliot wasn't there for any of her pregnancy and he harrassed her several times once he did find out about the baby." Alex frowned deeply, as she rested her hand against Olivia's shoulder.

"Ms. Benson, why didn't you tell your ex-husband about the baby when you found out?" Judge Hall mused, as he narrowed his eyes.

"I was scared, your honor... in the divorce, Elliot took everything from me. He demanded our house, both of our cars, he even drained our joint bank account and put it into a new one... I was scared that he'd also take my baby from me, which is kinda happening right now." Olivia struggled to speak. 

Tears slipped down her cheeks, and Elliot sighed deeply because he thought Olivia was faking. But she was really crying and really having a hard time dealing with what was happening.

"Ms. Benson, I understand that you were scared. I do understand where you and Mr. Stabler are coming from. I will need to hear more before I can decide on anything. Let's take a five minute break, and once you are feeling calmer, Ms. Benson, we can start up again."

///

Every two hours, they took a break. By the time lunch came and went, Abbie had showed up and taunted Olivia. She sat with Elizabeth in her arms, which made Olivia want to hold Cade. But she couldn't because she might not be able to leave with him.

"Ms. Cabot, I have been told that you have proof of recent and previous misconduct in regards to Mr. Stabler?" Judge Hall asked, as he looked over at the blonde. Alex nodded before standing slowly.

"Yes, your honor. First of all, I have Elliot Stabler's arrest record. He has been arrested ten times. Five times for assult of suspects, and two times for drunk driving, and three times for domestic disturbances while at home with Olivia. He has always been a very violent drunk, as I have seen first hand, and he has also hit Olivia at least twice." Alex spoke softly, as she hit a button on the remote and all of Elliot's arrests were pulled up.

Alex let Judge Hall and Elliot's group read over the screen, before flipping from slide to slide. On the last slide was the four pictures that cops had taken of Olivia's injuries. 

Black eyes, split lips, bruised ribs, and several bloody noses.

"I do not take violence lightly, Mr. Stabler. Do you want to try and tell me why you did these? Or should I just assume there wasn't a real reason?" Judge Hall sighed.

"Olivia was the violent drunk. She still is. My wife, Abbie, saw her out at bars during her pregnancy with Cade. She put my son's life at risk, your honor. I wasn't the one that deserved to get arrested for the domestic violence and disturbances." Elliot plead. Olivia's eyes went wide as she looked over at Elliot and tried to keep her cool.

"Your honor?" Olivia asked, as she stood on shaky legs.

"Ms. Benson, you know not to talk unless spoken too."

"I know, your honor. And I'm sorry... but I would never put my son's life at risk. I never did step foot into a bar while pregnant with Cade. I haven't had a drink since the night I found Elliot sleeping with Abbie in our bedroom. I swear, your honor... I'm a good mom. And I never got violent with Elliot."