[22]

"Y-you hit Alex?" Olivia struggled to speak as she grabbed on tightly to Fin's arm.

"I didn't mean to hit her... I was just overwhelmed and-"'

"Overwhelmed and what?! Drunk!?" Olivia yelled as she released Fin's arm and stepped towards Elliot. Fin grabbed his friend by her arms and stopped her from hitting Elliot.

"All I could think about while I was driving around was you! That you are pregnant and-"

"Were you drinking?" Olivia growled as she fought Fin's grip.

"Y-yeah." Elliot whispered. Olivia shook her head as tears streamed steadily down her cheeks.

"You bastard." She breathed.

"Liv-"

"You might have killed my best friend! Elliot, I don't care what was happening inside your head... but you shouldn't have been drinking and driving! God! I hope you rot in jail for what you did!" Olivia screamed. She finally made her way from Fin's grasp before stomping towards the ER's entrance. She barely made it to the door before Rafael was coming in. He grabbed her wrist before she could walk out, before eyeing her.

"Baby, what's happening?" Rafael questioned, as he forced her to look into his eyes.

"Elliot hit Alex... he was drunk and said that I was overwhelming him."

"You were what?" Rafael breathed, and Olivia just shook her head before looking over Rafael's shoulder and towards the parking lot.

"I want him arrested for a DUI. If Alex dies, I want him charged with her murder. Do you hear me?" Olivia demanded.

"I'll get in contact with the officers that responded to the accident. Okay?"

Olivia didn't say her response. She only nodded before leaving the ER to get some air.

///

They waited hours for news from Alex's doctor. Olivia had came back, but she had bloodly knuckles that no one brought up.

"Thanks for helping me clean these up." Olivia breathed, as she and Amanda walked back from the bathroom. Amanda was the only one that could convince Olivia to wash her knuckles and put bandages on them.

"Well, I was surprised that you punched something. You never do that." Amanda breathed, and Olivia sighed as she stopped Amanda before looking at her.

"I usually drink away my pain, Mandy. I couldn't do that because I'm pregnant. I don't want to hurt my baby." Olivia whispered.

"Okay, well don't punch anything again. Got it?" Amanda spoke sternly, and Olivia nodded.

"Loud and clear."

They continued back to the group, before seeing that a doctor was standing in front of them.

"Do you have an update?!" Olivia spoke quickly, as she rushed over to where they stood.

"Are you Ms. Cabot's emergency contact?" He mused, and Olivia nodded.

"Yes, sir. I'm Olivia Benson. So, can I have the update? I want to know what's wrong with my friend." Olivia breathed, as she eyed the older man.

"Ms. Cabot is in the ICU. She has several internal injuries, a severe concussion, a broken pelvis, along with a broken knee." 

"W-what?" Olivia breathed.

"Ma'am, can we talk in private for a moment? It's more about a personal injury."

"Okay." Olivia whispered. She and the doctor walked away from the rest of the group. They walked down a hall before he spoke again.

"Ms. Cabot suffered a miscarriage."

"Oh no." Olivia whimpered. Alex had told her that she was looking into donors, but not that she had decided to actually go forward with it.

"She is going to need you during the next several weeks. Are you up for that?" He asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Yes, sir. I'm here for her completely."

///

Olivia hesitantly sat beside Alex's bedside and held her hand. She ran her thumb over the top of her hand as she tried to think of ways to make her feel better once she woke up. While she was sitting here pregnant and already planning for her little girl, Alex just lost her baby and might never feel good enough to try again.

"Hey." Rafael spoke softly, as he walked into Alex's room. Olivia looked away from Alex before forcing a smile.

"Hey, babe."

"How is she doing?" He asked, and Olivia shrugged.

"She's still out. So not great... did you get an update on Elliot?" Olivia questioned, and Rafael nodded.

"He's alcohol blood level was taken. It was at point-one-five."

"That's high. Like, really high for someone to be driving... I hate him. Is he getting arrested?" Olivia spoke quietly.

"Yeah. He was arrested. For his fourth DUI." Rafael spoke. Olivia stood and eyed her fiance with confusion covering her face. 

"His fourth? And he's still driving?!"

"Illegally. His license was suspended. It's a felony for sure this time around... now, let me take over for you." Rafael spoke, as he placed his hands to Olivia's waist.

"I need to be here for her when she wakes up. So why don't you go home. I'll be fine here."

"You need sleep-"

"I need to be here for Alex, Rafa!"

"What else happened? What did the doctor need to talk about?" Rafael asked softly.

"She lost her baby, Rafa. I need to be here, even if I feel so guilty."

"What?"

"You heard me. Now, please go home. See the kids. Get ready for work."

"I'm not leaving-"

"Give me space, Rafael. Please."

///

Olivia had just gotten back from getting some water, when she noticed that Alex was awake. She turned her head slowly and swallowed hard when she saw Olivia.

"W-what happened?" Alex asked weakly.

"You got into an accident, Alex." Olivia replied softly.

"Oh."

"Do you know where you are?" Olivia questioned, as she moved to the hard black chair beside of Alex's bedside.

"The hospital... and I'm assuming that it didn't make it?"

"The baby?" Olivia asked, and Alex nodded.

"Yeah. The baby I didn't tell you about. The one I was so excited to be having, because it meant that our babies would be born around the same time."

"Alex, I'm so sorry. About everything that happened... I'm going to take care of you until you are feeling better."

"Why are you sorry? You didn't hit me... right?"

"No. I didn't hit you. And who did hit you, is in jail. On at least one felony charge." Olivia spoke. She grabbed Alex's hand and squeezed it gently before looking down and blinking away the tears that had welled in her eyes.

"Who hit me, Liv?" Alex asked, and Olivia swallowed hard before slowly looking up at Alex.

"Elliot did."