[33: No More Mistakes]

Olivia rushed out of her fiance's office and quickly pulled her phone out. She dialed Alex's number and prayed that she'd pick up. She didn't want Alex to miss her wedding, and especially since this one was going to be the lasting one. She and Rafael were going to grow old together, and she wanted Alex to be there and witness it.

"Hello?" Alex asked softly as she answered the call.

"Hey! So I need you to do me a huge favor." Olivia spoke as she dodged several people as she made her way outside.

"Okay? What's happening?" Alex replied.

"I'm getting married. Today."

"What? We were literally just talking about you and Rafael waiting until the girls were walking. Until Ellie was out of the hospital." Alex sighed. Olivia could tell that she was disappointed, but she'd just have to get over it. Olivia was ready to get married to Rafael and to take his last name. She didn't want to be Olivia Benson anymore, she wanted to be Olivia Barba, and she was sure that she'd be proud of that name.

"Alex, we are ready to get married. I am ready to be a part of a marriage where I always have someone on my side, where I am always loved and wanted... and I will get that from Rafa. I know that we talked about waiting till the girls were older so they could be the flower girls, but I don't want to wait longer and neither does Rafa. So please... please come to the courthouse. Please be there for me." Olivia breathed as tears welled in her eyes.

Alex was quiet for several moments before she finally sighed.

"Do you need me to pick up anything? Flowers?"

"Just bring yourself, Alex. I'm going to grab the kids, a dress, and hopefully some rings. I just need you to be a witness."

"This one will last, right? Rafael won't turn into a giant asshole?" Alex asked, and Olivia laughed softly as she thought about her fiance.

"I don't think that he is capable of turning into a giant asshole. He's a truly amazing guy... the one that I'm so lucky to spend the rest of my life with."

///

Olivia made a few calls, and she got the whole crew to come to her wedding too. She wanted her family there, and they were her family. She got Fin and Amanda to pick up the kids, since she had to go and search for wedding bands. They didn't have to fit well, but they just had to work for the quickly planned wedding.

"What about these?" The owner asked, as he sat a tray of rings onto the counter. Olivia looked at them carefully, before grabbing one and looking it over.

"I really like this one." Olivia smiled after she read what was engraved inside.

"It matches this one. The family sold these to us after the couple died."

"Uh, please tell me it wasn't a murder." Olivia said weakly, as she put the ring on and let out a sigh of relief since it fit almost perfectly.

"Nah, they said something about old age. So, do you want it?" He asked, as he eyed Olivia.

Olivia took the other band into her hand and nodded.

"Yeah, I'll take these."

"Alright, two hundred." He grinned as he took the rings back from Olivia and searched for a box. Olivia was a little shocked by the price, but just ignored it. She loved the bands that she picked, and the engraved words inside. She'd pay anything for something as special as these.

"Deal."

///

By the time that every string had been pulled, it was six at night. The courthouse was closed, minus the one room where Olivia and Rafael were getting married.

The whole crew showed up, the kids were there, Alex kept her promise and showed up, and Lucia stood and watched as her son got married. Fancy vows weren't exchanged, there wasn't any music, flowers or candles, but it was perfect. They were doing things out of order, especially since Lilah was born before her parents got hitched, but it worked for them. This is how it was all supposed to go.

"Did you check out what your ring said?" Olivia asked softly, as she and Rafael stood on the front steps of the courthouse as everyone else went to their cars. They were going to celebrate at the house, so everyone was going to meet them there while they took some time to be together. To discuss the huge change in their lives.

"No, you put it on my finger without letting me read the terms and conditions." Rafael teased as he wrapped his arm around Olivia's waist.

"Well, read it." Olivia smiled.

Rafael slipped the gold band from his finger before squinting as he read it.

"Forever and always, my love." Rafael smiled.

"Mine says the same, but without the my love part. I guess my ring belonged to someone named Analise. But still, I think they are beautiful."

"I'm just glad that you picked me, honey. Picked me to be your husband, best friend, partner. It means a lot, since you are such an amazing woman."

"It truly wasn't a mistake that we got married, had a baby together, or met to start. Someone was looking over us."

///

Their meeting. Their friendship and relationship. Their children. None of those were mistakes. Everything may have been rough every once in a while, but it was all worth it. Rafael and Olivia were meant to be, and they all just wished that they had found each other sooner.

Eventually, Olivia earned her position as the CO of SVU. Rafael got promoted to DA after years of working his ass off. Alex was able to bring Ellie Mae home, and eventually they moved out of the house that was too full of kids, but they always came over. Just like most of the things in their life, their fourth and final child came into their lives as a surprise. Little Catalina Lucia Barba came a month after her mother's forty-second birthday, but even if she came a few years after her siblings, she was just as loved and cherished as they were.

They were beyond happy, and nothing was really described as a mistake in their house. Everything, and everyone came into their lives and house when they were meant too. And no matter what, Olivia and Rafael were happy with their decisions and were enjoying the idea of growing old and gray together. 

Hey guys! Thanks so much for all of the support and for enjoying this book! I had a lot of fun writing it, and I just wanted to end on a good note instead of ruining it. So, this is the end xD