4

It's a normal day in Java Jive, "Winter, there will be one barista joining us today. He just came back from Hawaii so he'll be here anytime soon." Gerald said. I still can't get over with what happened last night. It was ridiculously embarrassing and scary. I told Nathan what happened to me last night. I'll tell Gerald about it but not now.

I organized the counter table and someone tapped my shoulder, "Hi! You must be Winterrose, right?" a guy around my age said, smiling. I stood there, confused. "My name's Brian!" he said happily. I noticed that he's wearing the apron so I assumed he's the guy that Gerald's been talking about few minutes ago.

(© to kevingquinn)

(© to kevingquinn)

"Hi! Yeah you're right. My name's Winterrose, Winter for short" I smiled back, nodding. "Nice to meet you! Right now is not a good timing to get to know each other! Let's do it sometime!" he walked away and helped Nathan.

I went to the tables and started cleaning them, I wiped and wiped until it's clean. We have to disinfect everything, literally everything. I started to clean other tables, I sensed customers going in. I finished and took out the trash.

I came back seeing a group of friends ordering. I saw Apollo talking to Gerald. Gerald saw me and waved at me, Apollo turned his back waving to me too. His friends sat down near the counter. I remember what happened last night, I'm really glad he was there but at the same time, embarrassed because I didn't do anything. I'll bring Gerald with me next time. I promise that to myself.

I washed my hands, and assisted Gerald. "You didn't tell me what happened last night." Gerald whispered, still making drinks. I didn't respond. I finished making their drinks and called for their names, "Apollo and Ethan." they came up to me, the Ethan guy got his coffee and sat back to his chair right away. I handed Apollo's drink gently.

"Good morning." he softly said, I cleared my throat. "Good morning to you too!" I smiled at him. I couldn't thank him enough for saving my clumsy scared ass last night. "Thanks, by the way" he shook his coffee. I nodded and he went back to his seat, his friends started to tease him.

I went back and saw Gerald serving the last drinks. He came back to me, "Tell me what happened last night." he crossed his arms, leaning on the counter. "Well, I was walking around the store until I reached the isolated area. And two guys started to talk to me and I said I need to go" I paused, trying to recall what happened in detail. "until one of the guy started to harass me then luckily Apollo was there to save the day" I said.

"Apollo, you mean that guy?" he turned back and looked at Apollo, he was talking to his friends. "Yeah, he didn't tell you about it?" I asked wondering how he knew about last night. "No, I heard you talking to Nathan earlier. Not my fault, your voice was loud." he raised up both of his arms. This guy, seriously.

"And that's Brian, I think he's around your age?" Gerald looked at Brian who is assisting Nathan. Let me tell you, the working area of this shop is so wide and spacious. "He won't be working until night though, he's always here until afternoon"