42

I groaned as I stretched my limbs. I yawned and scratched my eyes, I opened them right after and stared at the window. I let out a chuckle remembering that I'd come over by Gerald's place tonight. I got on my feet and made my bed. I straightly went to the bathroom to do my business, I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I got out of the bathroom and headed to the kitchen. I poured water to my glass and drank it. I leaned on the counter. I tied my hair into a high ponytail and changed to my leggings and shirt. I decided to get my morning jog by the park nearby. I wore my rubber shoes and mask, and got out of the apartment building. I don't have a gym membership, but the park is free so why not go for it?

I finally arrived at the park and did some stretching. I played my playlist and wore my airpods. I started jogging around the park, kinda going with the song I'm listening to. That went on for about thirty minutes, I panted and sat on the bench and drank my water.

I panted and wiped the sweat off of my forehead. A little kid walked to me, I smiled at her. "Hii" I said calmly and waved at her. She giggled and jumped in front of me. She gave me a flower, I opened my hands and she placed it on them carefully. "Aw, thank you" I smiled at her. I think kids aren't that bad after all.

I heard her mom calling her from distant, she ran towards her. My eyes followed her, making sure that she'll be fine. Her mom scolded her and held her hand. I made eye contact with her mom and I waved at her. She waved back and her daughter waved to me too. My heart softened for the pure little girl. Ma'am, I have to steal your daughter for she's so innocent and sweet.

I put the flower in my phone case and walked myself home. I finally arrived and got in my apartment. I removed my shoes and changed to my comfortable outfit. I made myself some healthy breakfast, too.

-

The time passed real quick, I took a shower and got ready. I decided to keep my hair natural tonight. I also got really lazy applying make up that I just applied sun screen and lip balm. I wore my oversized tee and a pair of grey sweatpants. I grabbed a few clothes and put them inside my bag. I sat on the bed as I waited for Gerald.

It's been such a long time since I've been to his place. I wonder if there are any changes? The best part of his house is his pool and jacuzzi out in his backyard. We would also stargaze on his rooftop while eating snacks in the middle of the night, god I miss those days.

My phone rang, I stood up and knew he was there. I grabbed my bag and rushed downstairs, I opened his car door and got in, I closed it as I sat beside the driver's seat. I threw my things in the passenger's seat.

I hugged him, I felt his hand pat my back. "HEY I MISSED YOU" I shouted. I heard him let out a giggle. "Geez, it was just three weeks, Winter. Not three years" he pulled away and started driving with one hand.

"Ugh whatever. Anyway, how's the coffee shop?" I sat up straight and wore my seat belt. "Pretty much the same" he sighed. I nodded, I know the shop's always busy mostly during weekends like working there can be a workout too. That's why sometimes whenever I'd wake up in the morning, my body feels really sore. Also my back would hurt which really sucks.

We arrived at his house and immediately got in. I was greeted by his little dog. I bent down and the dog kept barking to me. "Oh my god! You didn't tell me you have a dog!" I said and his dog started smelling me, "Yeah, his name's Gerry." He removed his coat. I straightened my back and placed my hands on my waist.

"Cause you know, Gerald. Gerry. Gerald. Gerry" he explained. I nodded and carried his little dog. We made our way to the kitchen, I placed Gerry down and gasped when I saw a whole sushi platter on the counter. I'm really hungry and you know what? Scratch that, I'll just go on a diet tomorrow or something. He wiggled his eyebrows and got the platter on his hands. I know what he's thinking about. I giggled and nodded knowing what's in his mind.

We went up to his bedroom and got out of the window. We sat on the rooftop and started to munch on our food and just talking about anything. I started to surf my social media and my eyebrows crossed when an unknown number rang my phone. I didn't mind it and continued doing my thing.

It called me again, I turned it down. After for a few minutes, it rang my phone. I answered it out of annoyance, I swear to god if this is a prank call. "Hello?" I said. No one answered, I sighed, "Hello?" I said once again. I was about to end the call, "Oh hey Winter!" I recognized the voice.

I got caught off guard, I sat up straight. "Tanner?" I asked. "Yeah it's me, how ya doin'?" He asked. I looked at Gerald who's confused.

"I'm doing great, why did you call though?" I asked him, it's the first time someone related to Apollo called me since the accident happened, huh.
I've never heard from them, not even a single thing.

"Actually..." He cleared his throat. "We kind of need your help." He said getting serious. "What? What help?" I said getting confused. Gerald sipped from his soda and looked at me. "It's too complicated but it's for my cousin" he said

I bit my lower lip, getting curious of what happened to Apollo, "What can I do to help?" I sighed.

"We n-need you here" He stuttered.

My eyes widened, I suddenly thought of Carol telling me not to let her see my face ever again. "But I thought Carol hates me? Being the obedient girl I am, I never showed up" I let out a small sarcastic laugh. Tanner turned silent, "If only she didn't react that way I would probably have stayed there until he's fully recovered" I clenched my jaw.

"Please, Winter? It's not for Carol but for Apollo. I know you still love him" he pleaded. I rubbed my temples and sighed, "I'll think about it" I said.

"Okay, let me know as soon as possible" he replied and ended the call. I looked at Gerald, "Who's Tanner?" He asked and took a sip from his drink.

"Apollo's cousin, he's asking me to go back to Canada" I laid flat on the roof with my hands on my nape. Gerald eyes widened, "But didn't Apollo's mom told you to fuck off?" He asked.

I closed my eyes, "Exactly" I covered my face with my hands. "Tanner said they need my help, I don't even know anymore" I groaned.

"Well, if you think it'll be for the better. Why not?" Gerald said. "Just let me know if someone's tryna fight you, I'd fly to you. I'd be the one taking care of them and I'll make sure they chose the wrong person to mess with" he snorted and rolled his eyes.

He sighed, "You still love him, right? I can tell" he said. "Maybe it's fate trying to do something" he nudged my ankles trying to get my attention. I sat up straight and stared at the ground.

"Yeah, I thought so too"