44

He's sitting down, his back facing the door. He sat there quietly.
My heart started to beat faster, I took a deep breath and walked inside. I never thought of reuniting with the person I love the most and it's happening.

I gulped and entered the room. The nurse closed the door gently. I walked towards the other chair facing him, I walked slowly. I looked down, I stood frozen in front of the chair. I got really nervous I couldn't move my body. I looked at him slowly, I gasped seeing him.

His long hair that's now short, the cheeks that I loved to pinch and kiss are now hugged to his bones, making his cheekbones more visible. His eyes were tired.

(© to atlasalexander16)

My hand traveled to my lips, I couldn't help it, tears started to roll down my cheeks. What happened to him? What did they do? He looks really sick. Apollo heard my sobs and lifted his chin making eye contact with me.

My heart ached seeing him like this, he stared at me blankly. I wiped my tears away and bit my lower lip, stopping myself from balling my eyes.

His eyes widened, "W-winter?" His voice cracked. I nodded, "Yeah, it's me" I stuttered. His eyes got even bigger and suddenly stood up.

He pushed me to the wall aggressively, "Ah!" I closed my eyes from the pain as my back hit the wall. He pinned me and hugged me so tight that it suffocated me, he started mumbling gibberish sentences with my name. "I DID NOT BELIEVE THEM I DID NOT BELIEVE THEM!" he tightened the hug whilst I gasped for air.

I saw the doctors panic from the pane, they rushed inside along with Tanner. The doctors grabbed him away from me, he punched the doctors and continued to embrace me in the most aggressive way. One doctor fished something from his pocket, injecting it to his arm making Apollo calm down in one blink. He lost his consciousness.

My eyes widened from terror and fear, the Apollo I know isn't like this. What happened to him? "It's a tranquilizer, don't worry. This will wear off soon, we're sorry this happened" one of the doctors said, panting really hard.

The nurse pulled me outside the main room and let me sit on the waiting chair outside. She grabbed my sleeve and looked at me asking for permission. I sighed and nodded, she pulled it up and pulled it down when everything was clear. She then touched my collar, and pulled it sidewards, revealing new bruises on my right shoulder.

"Oh god.." she gasped. She stood up and rushed somewhere, she came back with an ice pack. She applied ice on the area, I flinched from the coldness, "You wait here, okay?" She said, I held the ice pack for myself and she left me alone.

I sniffed and pulled all my shit together, what was that? Why is he suddenly violent? Is he mad at me? Is he mad at me for leaving him without him knowing?

I sensed someone staring at me, I lifted up my chin and saw Carol. She walked up to me and I completely ignored her, "Winter dear.." she mumbled. I clenched my jaw, "Can I talk to you for a moment?' she added.

I didn't look at her, "If yes, just meet me by the lounge. I'll be there waiting for you" she walked away. I ran my fingers through my hair. I placed the ice pack beside me and decided to have a talk with Carol.

I walked to the lounge quietly, I saw her sitting by the window with a cup of coffee in her hands. She stared outside, I stood from afar, watching her. She sipped from her coffee and saw me. I walked to her and sat in front of her.

She cleared her throat and sat properly, "So we meet again.." she smiled weakly. I looked at her blankly, saying nothing and listened attentively. I tapped my foot on the floor while waiting for her to get to the point.

"I-I want to apologize for everything I've said" she looked down from guilt. My lips parted in shock, "I'm sorry for yelling at you and putting you through a hard time" she trembled trying to stop her tears. I watched her.

"It was honestly hard for me to think about what happened, especially you reminding of my son.."

"I was completely swayed by my emotions, I hope you'd understand that." She cried quietly. I raised an eyebrow, "Apollo hav--" she stopped and let out a whimper.

"Apollo had an older sister.."

She cried and kept an eye contact. My eyes widened, "She passed away few years ago from Leukemia.. it was really difficult for me and Zeus. Also to Apollo." She wiped her tears.

"I was afraid to death when I knew Apollo's in the hospital, I was so scared that might lose him" she shook her head slowly. Time by time, I finally understood why she was that mad to me. I never heard about Apollo having a sister though.

"Oh.. he's just like his sister Artemis." she looked out the window and the corners of her mouth curved upwards. "Art was such a good sister to him.." she sighed. I suddenly had a flashback, and that's where realization hits me.

"How old are you, Daisy?" I asked her, wrapping my arms around her waist. She showed me her fingers and put four fingers down. I nodded, "Oh you're six?" I said and she nodded. She stood up quickly and grabbed my hand. We walked to the swing set and I sat down while she stood in front of me. "you from?" Daisy asked and played with my fingers. "I'm from New York" I said, smiling at her. She ran her fingers through my hair again.

"your hair is like Art's..." She murmured.

I chuckled, "thank you! I like your hair too!" I said.

"I don't know if you remember, but the paintings by the staircase? Art made all of them.." Carol added, she sniffed. I nodded, I remember looking at them and saying that I aspire to have those art skills. "She studied architecture, Apollo looked up to his older sister" she shook her head smiling.

"I'm sorry.." I mumbled and bit my lower lip. She sighed, "Can I get a hug? Let's forget what happened before, alright?" she wiped her tears. We stood from our seats, we hugged and she broke down. I patted her back and stroked her hair, hoping it would calm her down.

She pulled away and sniffed, "I-I'm sorry.. you remind me of Art" she chuckled. I smiled at her, "It's okay" I said and she patted my back.
Sometimes we need to hear other people's side, too. By hearing only one side of a story, a person may not get the whole picture of what had actually happened. Many times, people view events through their own ways wherein it's possible for them to misunderstand and judge the person quickly.

Carol told me she'd stay there, I walked myself to the hallway, on the way to Apollo's room. I saw the nurse running to me, "Is your shoulder okay?" she panted. I startled and cleared my throat, "Y-yeah?" I stuttered and looked at her. Does she need my help?

"That's good to hear! Now, sit here and wait for a few minutes okay?" she pointed to the chair. She went inside Apollo's room and I waited outside. A random girl sat next to me, "Hello!" she sweetly said.

I looked at her and scooted for her to sit, "You're Winter right?" she asked. I immediately turned my head to her, my eyebrows furrowed. "Yeah.." I said quietly. She doesn't look familiar to me though, how did she know my name?

She extended her hand, "It's nice to meet you!" she giggled.

"I'm Audrey! " She smiled.