53

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I sighed and stretched my limbs, yawning. Back to work, yay? I guess. It's been centuries since I've seen Gerald and the others. I kinda miss them so much and of course. Gerald's goofiness.

I rolled to the other side of the bed and yawned again. I slowly scratched my eye and got up. I straightly made my way to the bathroom to get ready.

I turned on the faucet and washed my face with cold water. I brushed my teeth right after and did my make up afterwards. I fixed my hair and decided to braid it. I finished for about twenty minutes. I went to the kitchen and packed myself with some lunch and snacks.

I startled when my phone rang, I checked the caller ID and a smile formed on my face slowly. I answered it, "Hey Mom!" I beamed while preparing my things to work. "Hey Honey, how are you?" She said.

"I'm doing great Mom. I'm preparing for work right now" I chuckled. She hummed as her response, "Oh, good. Have you been eating lately?" She asked, I slowly shook my head.

"Yep, don't worry about me" I said pressing my cheeks and shoulders together with my phone in between. I wore my socks in a fast manner and wore my shoes. "Okay, Winter. Prim, your dad and I miss you so much" she mumbled.

My heart softened, "Awh, me too Mom. It's alright, I'll be back in a while" I replied. I thought of bringing Apollo with me to meet my family this time. I know they will like him so much. If I like him, I'm sure they also do. "How is Apollo doing? Are you guys good?" She asked.

"Yeah, we'll be having dinner tonight" I bit my lip. I don't know if you have heard this, but dinner with him? They're the best. "Ooo dinner, I like that!" She teased. "Have a great time, take care okay?" She added.

I got out of my apartment and dashed my way to the subway station, "Thanks Mom, you too." I said and ended the call. After for a few minutes I got on the train and finally arrived.

I got in with a huge smile on my face, "Hey I'm back!" I shouted. Everyone looked up and felt everyone eyes' dart on me. I didn't care and proceeded to put my things inside Gerald's office.

"Winter!" The newbies said, Gerald dashed his way to me. "Aye she's back, what's up?!" He giggled. I looked down to his hands. I chuckled when I saw him cleaning some parts of the coffee machine, what a pro multi-tasker.

"Nothing big" I smiled and placed all my things on the chair. I wore my apron together with my rubber gloves and cap. "Let's get back to work yeah?" I patted his back and smiled.

He let out a soft chuckle, "Okay Ms girl" he clasped his hands and followed me behind.

-

I went inside Gerald's room and remove my cap, I sat down and sighed. "Damn, that was tiring" I groaned and closed my eyes. Most of us went home and I noticed it's really dark outside. I checked the time. 9:49 pm. I know Gerald went outside to buy groceries, and to Nathan.. I don't know where he is.

I remember Apollo and I are having dinner tonight I should get ready. I stood up from my seat. I removed my apron and started fixing my hair. After doing so, I fixed all of my things and went out of Gerald's office, I closed it.

I locked the main door and turned some of the lights off, this place hits different when there's no one but you and it's dark. I left the backdoor open for me. I heard my phone rang, "Hey babe, where are you?"

"I'm few blocks away, took me a while to find a parking spot" Apollo replied. I bit my lip and played with my fingers, "Cool, see you soon then!" I smiled and stood up.

I heard him get out just by the sound of his car beeping. "Yeah, I'm gonna hang up the phone. See you" he chuckled. I hummed as my response and he ended the call. I looked at the mirror for the last time and looked around to make sure the shop is ready for tomorrow.