31

December 24, Morning

"Is everything ready?" Apollo said while pulling his luggage with him. I nodded and looked around to see if I'm missing anything. I smiled, "Yup! I'm so ready to fly today" I sang as my energy level rises up. Today's our flight to Toronto, Canada. The place where he came from, and I'm going to meet his parents in a few hours!

Mom and Dad are cool with it too. They liked the thought of me spending my Christmas and New Year with Apollo's family. I'm really glad they have their trust on Apollo, I really am.

Also speaking of New Year's, time flies really fast huh? It felt like the other past months didn't happen, man. We're at Apollo's place right now and I'll be leaving some of my few things here and just get it if I'm back here in New York.

"Let's go" he grabbed my hand and we left his place. We took the cab and for a few minutes later we arrived at the airport. I've never been this excited, flying with someone. It's just so exciting and fun. We got our things checked and got on the plane at the right time. Also there are only few passengers which is a relief especially when you're flying when there's a global pandemic going on.

The flight will take for an hour and a half, then we'll be there. I can't wait to meet his family and of course, his dog too. I sat on the aisle seat and Apollo on the window seat, he'll be staying there for two weeks, and me on the other hand will be staying for a week and a half.

He grabbed my hand and interwined our fingers together, "it's my first time flying with someone" he said letting out a grin. "Cuz you know I used to fly alone every December" he explained, I nodded and chuckled, "well.." I paused.

"That's an honour" I uttered, while moving my eyebrows up and down. He laughed and shook his head, he stared out the window as the plane started moving. Goodbye New York, See you later Toronto.

I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. As what I said before, just take a nap on your flight then you're good.

I slowly sat up straight when I felt a hand in my cheek. I gently opened my eyes, "hey baby we're here" Apollo whispered while moving some hair out of my face. I yawned, "that was fast" I chuckled, and stretched my back. "Maybe because you were asleep the whole flight" he joked, I playfully hit his arm.

We got our stuff and left the plane, we got our temperature checked and finally got our luggages. We got out of the airport and as far as I know, his parents will pick us up. I also have decided to book a hotel for me to give them privacy, y'know.

We looked around, looking for them. "Apollo!" I heard a middle aged woman say behind us. I turned around and saw his parents. Apollo didn't say anything and went straightly to hug them. I stood there watching them have their moment.

They shifted their attention to me, I smiled sweetly. "Hello!" I waved my hand, getting shy. I have talked to them on FaceTime but tell me why is it awkward in real life. "Oh my god Hello Winter!" His Mom hugged me really tight, "It's so nice to meet you!" She said and pulled away.

"My pleasure! It's so nice meeting you too!" I smiled, I turned to his Dad and waved at him, he smiled. "Hello, Winterrose!" He greeted, he looks so much like Apollo oh my god. Copy paste as heck.

We got on their car and headed to their house, I looked out the window. Wow, it's really beautiful out there. I stayed silent as they have their conversation.

"I invited your cousins, aunt and uncles for Christmas Eve later!" His Mom clapped her hands, really excited. Well, it seems like I'll be meeting his relatives tonight. "That's cool" Apollo said, looking out of the window, too. He must've missed here.

"Oh and Winter" his Mom said. I looked at the front, "Yeah?" I responded quickly.

"Where are you from again?" She chuckled, I cleared my throat, ready to tell her about myself. "I was born in Japan, then later on moved to Houston." I paused.

"Then I moved to New York with my grandparents" I explained, I saw her nod slowly. "Oh wow, that's really interesting" she let out a chuckle.

"So how's my son doing so far?" His Dad asked, eyes glued on the road, smiling. Apollo and I made eye contact. I didn't look away, "He's doing so good, I'm so glad I have someone like him" I grinned.

His Mom made some noises, Apollo let out a laugh, I saw his Dad nodding, smiling in victory knowing that his son is doing well. We talked and finally reached their home.

We got in and my lips parted when I entered their house, "wow..." I murmured under my breath. Their house is pretty huge, and you could literally feel the Christmas spirit by the designs and decorations.

I've got so many presents inside my luggage since we'll be handing out gifts later. I jolted when a big golden retriever ran towards our way, Apollo got on his knees and the dog just jumped on him. "Long time no see, Max" Apollo giggled like a child. Oh my god, he showed me a picture of the both of them before! And he was still small in that photo, damn. Dogs be growing too fast, huh?

We laughed when Max started licking his face, Apollo stood up laughing, wiping his face. "Hi Max!" I patted his head, he stood up and started smelling me. Everyone including me laughed at his silliness.

Feels like home.