35

December 30, Day 3

I woke up with someone shaking my shoulder, I put my head up and saw Tanner, I stood up. I cried all night and now my eyes are beyond swollen. I cleared my throat and smiled bitterly. He suddenly hugged me, my heart sank again and let out a whimper. "I'm sorry.." he pulled away. I nodded and saw his mom Lily, on the couch massaging her temples.

I decided to leave the room for their privacy, I straightly went to the washroom, I entered and washed my make up off. I stared at myself at the mirror, I have to do something. Think smart, Winter please.

Someone entered and my head turned, it was Carol. Her face darkened when our eyes met, she was about to leave. "Don't please, I want to talk to you" I said stopping her from her tracks. She sighed in annoyance, she closed the door and leaned on it, arms crossed.

"What do you want?" she said, raising an eyebrow. Seeing her scream at me last night hurts so much. My lips were shut, still can't move on from what happened.

"WHAT?!" She clapped her hands, "I'll stay here" I said as calm as possible, although it hurts like a bitch. "Stay here?" she asked in disbelief, she tilted her head while I looked at her blankly.

"Carol, I only have two days left. Please." I said, calmly. I'm so exhausted, I don't want to argue with her.

"FINE! Promise me I won't see your face ever again" she left me alone, I sighed and tied my hair. I went outside and took the cab, after for a few minutes I arrived at my hotel. I straightly went to my room and packed my things, I made sure nothing will be left behind.

I got my luggage with me and got to the elevator, I made my way to the reception, "Hi, I'll be leaving now" I forced a smile. The receptionist furrowed her eyebrows, "But ma'am you still have two more days.." her smile faded, probably noticed my eyes are swollen.

"It's okay. Thanks" I said quietly and waved at her. She looked at me with confusion written on her face, I left and made my way to the hospital.

I entered and unfortunately got everyone's attention by the sound of my luggage, I didn't mind them and went to Apollo's room. I opened the door as quiet as possible, I saw Lily fixing the flowers by the table. She turned her attention to me, I smiled bitterly and placed my things on the side quietly.

Lily walked towards me and hugged me really tight. I didn't respond and stood there, she patted my back continuously, "Stay strong dear.." she pulled away, her nose was crimson from crying. She left me alone in the room. I took a deep breath and sat next to Apollo's bed.

Every second felt like hell, seeing him laying down unconscious completely clueless of what's happening breaks my heart. I held his hand and placed it on my cheek. "Hi babe.." I said, shaking from stopping my tears. I bit my lower lip and looked down, tears started to roll down my cheeks.

"Please wake up.." I cried, letting out a whimper. I shut my eyes close, really frustrated. I talked to him as if he's awake and listening, "Do you know the first time I saw you.." I said between my sobs. "You caught my attention" my shaky voice echoed the room.

"You don't know how happy I get whenever you come around" I added. "I would always make your coffee with a smile on my face" I broke down as memories started to play inside my head. I sobbed really hard, gritting my teeth.

Nose all runny, blurry eyed from the tears, "I don't even know what to do without you.." I said as I was streaking his cheeks with my knuckles. Sadness and guilt engulfed me, "ah..fuck" I wiped my tears away, I shook my head slowly.

The door opened, the nurse entered. I looked at her and saw her eyes widen, I fixed myself. "Hello, I'll take down his vital signs.." she said, clearing her throat.

I nodded and got out of the room. I walked myself to the hospital lounge to grab some coffee, I bought one and sat down. I took in a sharp breath, I closed my eyes. My eyebrows furrowed when I heard someone playing the guitar. I didn't mind it at first but got really curious, I stood up and looked around to see where the sound is coming from, I noticed a door opened, I took a peek and saw a guy singing to children. They were smiling and clapping their hands as they watch him sing for them.

I walked back to the lounge and finished my coffee. I stood up and walked myself to Apollo's room. I opened the door gently and sighed in relief when there's no one inside. I sat down next to his bed and caressed his hand. I examined his face quietly and took a deep breath. "I never thought this year would end up like this.. damn" I murmured while squeezing his hand.