The Only Way

Many things rushed into my mind. Zar was right. If I loved Amol and thought he would never do that to me then why did I run away? Why? Why couldn't I stay there and talk to him?

Was I afraid that they would take me away from him or was I afraid I would see his new face?

Hunter came after a while and took Zar away. Before leaving Zar looked at me.

"Wait for me," he said.

For days I didn't see him. My mind was all messed up. My patience was getting thinner. I was about to leave the place when I heard Hunter say,

"Once you step outside this place you won't be able to come back," 

I turned to look at him.

"This place is protected by magic and nobody can see it. That's why once you go out you can't come inside or see this house without Zar's permission,"

I didn't say anything. I was confused about what to do.

"And Zar wants you to wait for him,"

Without talking to Zar I couldn't leave. So I decided not to leave. I was having breakfast when Zar came back. I was alone. He sat in the chair in front of me.

"Where were you? I wanted to talk," I said.

"I had some work to do,"

"I want to leave,"

"If you want to go, you can," he said and I looked at him. "But wolves will go with you," 

"They don't know about me," I replied.

"I will tell them the truth later while having lunch," 

"One more thing," I said. Hearing me say those words made him smile as if he knew what I was about to ask. "How am I the weapon and how can I stop them?"

"I will tell you all about it but not right now," Zar said getting up and walking away.

I sat there for some time. My heart knew Amol would never do that to me but now the problem was not about how I would go there but how would wolves take it once they knew who or what I was. For a few hours, I couldn't think of anything other than Amol.

Winter prepared the lunch while Season and Reed helped her. We sat there in silence when Zar walked in. Aava served everyone and we ate in silence.

"Human food will work for you? Don't you need blood?" Reed asked me normally, maybe out of curiosity.

"I had already drank blood in the morning," I said trying my best to smile.

He nodded and focused his attention back on his food. Zar kept his plate aside and spoke.

"We need to talk,"

As he said that everyone looked at him. Everyone's plate was empty and they waited for Zar to talk. Zar sighed. It must be difficult for him to tell about me when we don't even know how they would react.

"The curse and weapon are the same," he said and everyone gave him that confused look.

"The curse that I gave to the vampires back then about the blood and the weapon is the same. They are both a person. It was human but now a Vampire," he said.

"What? Why didn't you tell us earlier," Reed asked.

Hunter looked at me as if he realized something.

"She is the curse and the weapon at the same time?" He questioned.

Zar nodded.

"You never told us about it, why? You knew all this time that one day we would come to you with a weapon to defeat the Vampires?" He didn't seem impressed. Hunter got up.