Different side

After lunch, Tina came to tell me that he called me in the garden. I rolled my eyes not bothering to move.

Who did he think he was?

"I am not going," I told myself.

If he wanted to talk he could come where I was but after some time I went thinking what if it's about the deal? I groaned and went to the garden. He was standing at the side of a tree, his back facing me. He was looking in the distance, his hands in his pockets. He seemed to be in deep thought. I wanted to know what he was thinking. I went and sat on the bench.

"I don't have enough time," I said not looking at him.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw him turn around. He was silent. I looked at him to find he was smiling, looking at me.

"You are impossible," He said grinning while shaking his head.

"Thank you very much. This is what you called me here to say?" I asked rolling my eyes. I couldn't stop rolling my eyes and it was his fault.

"I want to talk to you about my friends,"

Friends? Oh, yeah, probably about his best friend Miss Ratna, the queen.

"Why?"

"Because I want to," He continued. "Srisha and Sanskrit..." he paused. "I haven't told them about us because..."

"Yeah, because of the deal," I muttered looking at my lap.

"No," he said sitting beside me "Because they were off the country and I never thought you would want to meet them. I thought about it when they came back but I didn't get time to tell them. Yesterday, they came without informing me. I will tell them about you when I see the right time so I don't freak them out,"

I laughed "Till that time we will already be divorced,"

"Today, there is a party at Srisha's house so if you could join me...." He ignored what I said.

"Ok," I said getting up and not letting him finish.

"Any... anything else ?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"And oh, you don't need to tell them that I am your Budi," I said Budi in air quotes.

There was the same problem again. The problem with the dress. I quite panicked but then when I opened the closet there was this short open-back fitted deep v-neck glitter sleeveless designer dress. The colour was emerald. I loved it as soon as I saw it. There was a note beside it.

"Brought this thinking you might like it,"

Liked it? Boy, I loved it. How did he know I liked this type of dress? I thought or heard guys didn't like their wives wearing short dresses.

I quickly got dressed and looked at myself in the mirror. The dress was short but I liked it in me. I felt comfortable in it and quite beautiful too. I came down to where he was waiting. My breath hitched looking at the sight of him. Damn, he looked so handsome. He muttered something under his breath and then opened the door. I couldn't stop staring at him.

"Stop staring at me," he whispered.

I rolled my eyes and got inside the car.

"You can compliment me if you want to," he said once he started to drive but I ignored him.

We went inside their house and got a warm welcome from Srisha and Sanskrit. They seemed happy to see me. I didn't really go to parties but when he told me it was Srisha's party, I couldn't say no.

We were about to have a drink when Ratna came and took him away. He didn't even say no. Srisha and Sanskrit were already dancing and I was all alone. I saw the devil and Ratna dancing. This made me so angry. I knew he was watching me but I pretended like I didn't care. After some time he came to me and asked me to dance.