Leave

I shrugged and started to walk out, but he put out his arm and blocked my way.

"Where the hell do you think you are going?" He almost whispered. He was looking straight. I could feel a slight anger in his voice.

I rolled my eyes. He slowly focused his eyes on me, waiting for me to talk.

"Guest room," I answered. "I guess we don't need to pretend to be married when there are only two of us in this house, right?"

He clenched his jaw, dropped his arm, and came closer to me.

"You are staying in the same room as me," he said in a low voice, placing his mouth near my ear.

"You don't owe me. It was just a deal. Deal to get married, not to be your wife," I almost shouted at him, taking two steps back.

"Whatever, you are not leaving," he said, looking behind me. I knew he was angry, but I didn't care.

"Oh, so you are going to stop me? How will you do that?" I asked, daring him to stop me.

He came closer, narrowing his eyes. He slid his arm around my waist, and pulled me close to him, tightening his grip. Our lips were so close that I felt like he was going to kiss me.

He stared at my lips for some time, and then I don't know what happened. He shook his head. I felt his grip slowly loosen up, and then, without saying anything, he left.

I stood there, looking at the leaving figure. I thought he would yell or force me to stay, but he didn't. Did I want that? Of course not, but what with his behaviour? I stood there for a while, feeling confused. Somewhere, I thought he would come back and yell, but he didn't. He was so weird.

I went to the guest room and unpacked my things. It felt good to be alone. After that, I didn't bother to go down to eat. I was a fool, thinking I would be left on my own. Tina brought food for me. Looking at her, I could say she wanted to ask me questions, but she held them back.

For four days straight, I didn't see him anywhere. My sister called me time and again to ask how my honeymoon was going. Honeymoon? I found out that he had told her that we were in Malaysia for our honeymoon. The very thing was that he forgot to tell her that he was on honeymoon with someone else, not with me.

"Bastard," I thought to myself.

Fine, this marriage was fake, but at least he could have some respect for it. It was his choice to marry me, not mine. Even though he lied, he did me a favour by keeping me away from after-marriage rituals. I didn't really like it and it was a huge relief to not be part of it.

When I came to the kitchen for lunch, I asked Tina where he was.

"He is in his office. He came back last night," she replied.

He came back yesterday? from where? Oh yeah, his honeymoon but why was I so pissed off? It's great that he stopped coming in front of me. He was doing me a favour by leaving me alone. I didn't want to see his face.

The whole day I wanted to concentrate on my work but I couldn't. My whole body was burning with anger. When the darkness arrived I decided to make dinner for everyone. After everything was prepared I told Tina to call him for dinner.

He came with the message that he wanted to eat in his office. Was he trying to ignore me? Like I care, who gives a flying fuck. Tina took the food towards his office, and I ate in silence.

While eating, everything started to bother me. When was his deal going to end and I would be free? I couldn't control myself, and eager to know about it, I went straight to his office. I stood in front of the door and lightly knocked on it.

"I have not finished yet, Tina," came from another side of the door. I rolled my eyes.

I opened it anyway and stepped in.

"I.." he stopped as soon as his eyes landed on me.

"So, so, don't tell me, you are afraid to live in that room alone. Now you want to come back to our room," he said, smirking.

He got the nerve to tease me?

I glared at him.

"I don't want to live in the same room with the person who goes out on honeymoon with another woman while leaving his wife at home," I said using air quotes at the word "wife".

He gritted his teeth and stood up.

"What did you say?" he questioned.

"What you heard," I shrugged crossing my arms. I was challenging him to fight with me. I wanted this so he could let me go.

He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I didn't go on honeymoon with another woman. I am not that stupid. Trust me on that,"

Some kind of relief washed over me but why would I care?

"Trust you?" I laughed "I don't care what you do or how many women you go out with. I just want this deal to be over. I want out,"

He slowly came towards me. He was looking behind me. I know he was angry so he didn't look at me. I don't know why he did that. Every time he would get angry or wouldn't agree with me he would look behind me.

"So tell me, when is this meaningless marriage going to end?" I demanded.

"We haven't even gotten married for five days and someone is already eager to leave," he replied trying to suppress his anger.

"Yes, can't wait," I whispered and he finally looked at me. His hands were inside the pant pocket. I waited for him to speak but minutes went by and he didn't.

"You know what? I have the right to know about the deal," It came out harshly.

"Don't raise your voice," his voice was so calm, I wondered when he gonna burst at me.

"If I didn't then what?" I glared at him. I was so angry that I wanted to punch him. If I had a chance I would even kill him for ruining my decision to die.

He studied me for some time. He took his hands out of his pocket. I crossed my arms ready to face what was coming but all he said was,

"Leave,"

I looked at him, confused. He always confused me. He never fought with me or showed me anger. I would find ways to show my anger but he was always so calm. He was about to speak but I cut him off.

"Instead of saving me why didn't you let me die? I was better off dead," I almost screamed.

He clenched his fist. I looked at his fist and then at his face.

"So, Mr. Devil is angry," I said in a mocking tone. He looked at me with a confused look.

Maybe he was shocked that I gave him that nickname. To be honest, it suited him. He was indeed a devil. A devil who saved me without my choice and made a deal when I was not in good condition. The devil, who married me, made me his wife, went on honeymoon with another woman, and got the nerve to tell my sister.

I was blooming with anger.

"I can't even explain how much I hate you. Right now, I want to punch you or wish I could kill you for ruining my life, for everything." I roared and without letting him say a word I stormed out in rage.

My life was already ruined before him. There was nothing left to ruin but I don't know why I said that. Maybe in anger, we tend to speak nonsense and so did I. I said whatever came into my mouth without thinking to calm my anger.

Somewhere it pained me knowing he would turn out just like my parents. Even if it's just a deal at least he could respect it until we were divorced. Why can't men stay loyal? Why can't he stay loyal when he was the one who forced me into this marriage? But why do I want him to do that?

I went back to the kitchen and helped Tina with the dishes. I was blooming with anger. Every second in this house was torture for me.