That Smile

🎶 You are still the one - Shania Twain 🎶

While eating lunch, I thought about the person that I saw earlier. Was it Amol? I was still quite confused cause I always saw him in my dreams. For the past five months, he had been haunting me. My body was still in pain so I took some more pills. After taking a rest for like an hour, I took a shower.

After that, I opened the window and the soft wind kissed me. The view was beautiful. I had really missed this place. I looked at the garden in awe. The person sitting in the garden caught my eye. It reminded me of the day when I saw Amol there on the bench. The person's back was facing me and he had long messy hair. Who was he? Was he one of the guards? But he didn't look like one. Somewhere I knew who that might be. I wanted to look at his face so slowly I went to the garden.

I stood in the garden and stared at his back for a while. When he felt my presence he turned around. My heart fell a little at the sight of him. It was Amol. He was a total mess. He didn't look like an old Amol. I wanted to ask him if he was okay or if something was wrong. I even wanted to ask him why didn't he stop me from leaving. Why wasn't I enough? There wasn't a day that went by without me asking about where I got wrong and why I wasn't worthy.

I was frozen. If anyone came and looked at him, they wouldn't recognize him. Prarthi would be here anytime and seeing him in this condition, she would know something was wrong. So, I didn't dream about him last night. He was there in the room. Looking at him, I realized how much I missed him. I wanted to run to him and hug him so badly. A tear rolled down my cheek. There was not a single day that went without me crying. Tears never left me and so did the pain.

Amol came close and I looked into his eyes. Those beautiful brown eyes and then everything came at once. Our marriage, divorce, and our baby. Two weeks after I left, I found out I was pregnant. But as a cruel person, I was I wished it to never be born. What kind of mother wishes that? Life punished me for wishing my own child, death. It took away our baby. After two months, I lost it in a miscarriage. I came back to my senses when I felt him wipe my tears. I shook my head took a step back and then left.

The whole day, I stayed in the room, feeling miserable. Tears wouldn't stop. I locked the room so no one would open the door and see my condition. I looked at the room and realized it was not the room we used to live in together. How didn't I notice it? My mind was filled with memories that I didn't care which room I was in. The thought that he may have married Ratna crossed my mind. My heart dropped thinking about them being married.

If they were married, she must be here but I didn't see her anywhere. Maybe she has gone out or maybe it doesn't bother her that I was here cause she already had him. I wanted to see that room. See if they lived together. I went towards the room. At first, I hesitated to go near it. I took slow steps towards it but I couldn't bring myself to open the door. Every single memory hit me and my body started to shake. Thoughts of them living together made me wanna scream but pulling up all the courage in me, I opened it. It looked just the same as the day I left it. Everything seemed untouched. Even the bed sheet was the same but why?

"He locked this room after you left," A voice came from behind me. I turned to find Tina. She kept the glass of juice on the table and looked at me with a smile.

"I missed you, princess," she said coming to hug me. It was the first time she had called me by that name.

She hugged me and I hugged her back.

"I missed you too," I whispered.

"I am glad you are back. Now, it feels like a home," She handed me the glass of juice and left.

I just couldn't quite understand what she just said. I ignored what she said and sat at the edge of the bed. Why did he keep this room locked after I left? Did he despise me so much that he couldn't bring himself to live here? Did he hate me? Of course, he did. He kept me here for the blood and nothing more.