Chapter 36

I woke up the next day in a bed, next to Deckard... 'he must have brought me here when I was sleeping.' I saw that he wasn't awake yet so I just layed there. I heard some voices outside of our room, I turned to where the clock was and saw that it was 10:30 am. I slowly got out of the bed and rummaged through the closet.

"What's up guys?" I said after I was dressed.

"Nothing much."

"Did you manage not to get pushed off this morning?" Owen asked, I responded with an elbow to the chest. "Ow!"

"Owen, it's your own fault. You asked for it." Mia laughed.

"Hey Alex! Can I talk to you outside for a minute?" I went over to the balcony of Dom's house and waited for him.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Do you know anything about kids?" He sighed.

"Why are you asking me? Shouldn't you be asking the ones who actually have kids?"

"You know Mia, she'll give me a truckload of baby books and information." We laughed.

"And Brian would do the same." I smiled.

"I've seen how you are with baby Brian, Jack and Gisele..."

"Well, I guess I just have a natural talent" I let out some air. "I know it seems super confusing and like you can't do anything to help the kid but, you'll get there." I paused "sometimes you just gotta piece it together as you go." I smiled but the happy thoughts were quickly interrupted.

"Put the gun down! There are children around" Brian shouted.

"Again?" I rolled my eyes and walked back into the living room and pulled out two guns of my own. The Shaw brothers were pointing guns at each other like they were a couple nights ago. "You guys need to stop fighting like this! Give Dom your guns or any other weapons you have and they'll be given back when we leave." I said sternly. Deckard handed his gun to Dom while Owen growled.

"Forget it... I'll just leave." He started to storm out and we all let him go.

"What was that about?" I shouted. I was very angry.

"Calm down, Alex. It was just a little argument." Deckard said like it wasn't a big deal.

"If it wasn't a big deal, why did you have your guns pointed at each other?"

"We were talking about something you can't know about." I rolled my eyes and stepped closer to him.

"Tell me."

"No. You don't want to know."

"I do want to know, that's why I asked." I paused and put my hands over my face. "it feels like I'm scolding a child" I whispered to myself. Deckard grabbed my hand and pulled me into our room and locked the door.

"It's about Eteon. Owen knows about them and he said he was going to try and take them down... alone."

"That isn't possible. He'll die within seconds."

"I know, that's what I told him. He agreed to not do it alone but he wanted to do another job. I told him no and the argument started." He looked down in disappointment. "As much as a pain in the a** he is, I don't want to see him dead."

"Cause he's family." I said. He sniffed and I pulled him in for a hug. We stayed there for a couple minutes. "For only the second time in all the time I've known you I get to see you cry... How many people can say that?" I giggled.

"Don't tell anyone." He said in a deep, threatening voice.

"You know, I would be threatened if I didn't know you" I smiled and went in for a kiss but I stopped just so I could talk against his lips. "But I do know you and I know you would never hurt me." And I walked away.

"You don't want to do that to me O'Conner." He said while I walked backwards.

"Well, maybe I do, Shaw." He walked towards me, backing me into the wall.

"Got anything to say?" He started to kiss my lips, more deeply this time.

"Not here." He pulled away "there's kids and my brother out there."

"You're right..." he went and flopped on the bed. I layed down next to him. He put an arm around me and I grabbed his hand.

"But, when we get our own place, where no one can bother us..." I smiled and kissed his jawline.

"Did you know, I love you?"

"I know I love you more."

HOBBS AND SHAW
COMING SOON

~~~
Greetings readers! I'm sorry I didn't get a chapter to y'all yesterday but I was getting my wisdom teeth out.

I've also been watching WandaVision. It's very... interesting...

Anyways, that's the end of part one for this book! See ya next time!