Chapter 12

"I don't know how you trust princess over there." Luke said to me. I sighed and walked over to a table with his file, knowing it would confirm what I said about myself to him earlier.

"I had a life before I knew you. I was in the military. And he was my captain. I knew his brother too." I gave a little smile thinking of the memories. "Luke, I'm trusting you with this. And you can't speak a word of this to anyone else." I handed him both Deckard and my own file and sighed. "I'm not supposed to show anyone this but I trust you and only you with this information." Luke took the files. "Some information is redacted on each of us but you can find it on the other file. It's Nobody's way of protecting the both of us from our pasts."

Luke looked at me, unsure if he should read it. "Go ahead... it's about time for you to really know what happened before you met me."
I watched Luke read it and he looked to me then, went over to Shaw.

"Did you just give him Shaw's file? Do you know what he'll do?-" I put a finger to his lips and shushed him.

"Yes, I did. I also gave him mine. And as to what he'll do," I paused and looked at Little Nobody. "He's gonna give him a chance." I crossed my arms.

"Clearly not his own choice?" Little Nobody mirrored my actions.

"No. But, I know that he trusts me. And knowing that I trust Deckard might be enough for Luke to give him a second chance." I walked away towards the two men to hear laughter.

"What's going on here?" The two looked like young boys accused of doing something bad. "You two trust each other yet?" Luke looked at me.

"I trust you. And you're judgement." I looked at Shaw and he nodded, as if saying the same thing.

"Always have trusted you. Always will." Shaw said to me and I smiled and nodded.

"You need help?" Luke asked, gesturing to a big hunk of metal to go in the car. Shaw nodded and put down the wrench thing he was holding and nodded. The three of us held on "okay. One, two, three." And we lifted it to the thing that raised it up to the car. Luke and Shaw started to exchange insults again but then Shaw started to laugh and so did Luke.

"Are you two starting to respect each other?" I smiled the two tried to keep a straight face but failed miserably.

"That's for us to know, and you to never find out, love." Shaw said as I walked away. Then the old familiar feeling of butterfly's appeared.

Deckard and I had a long and complicated history but one thing stayed constant throughout our time together and apart... it's love. It's always been him for me and me for him. Never wanting to let go of each other and always trusting each other. No one could come between us except for each other.

"Alex, you good?" I nodded but yawned and Luke laughed "I think you should take a little nap. It might be a while before we get an eye on Dom." I rolled my eyes but agreed to a nap.

"You're sort of right. Didn't really get much sleep last night."

I couldn't sleep on a chair or desk because they were all being used so floor it is. I grabbed some random files and layed them on the floor just because I didn't want my head to get dirty and drifted off to sleep.