Chapter 18

Alex POV

We rode in the ambulance to an ally and then got into a car with me in the drivers seat. I rolled down the window.

"Get in." The two members of the Shaw family looked at each other and Deckard nodded and moved over to the passenger seat when his mother smacked his hand and got in. "Get in the back Deckard." I smiled as he got in.

"Where are we going?" Deckard's mother asked.

"You'll see." Alex looked back at Deckard and then back to the road and smiled.
— — —
3rd POV

Alex parked her car and led the Shaw's up an apartment building.

"Recognize this place?" She turned to Deckard

"Yes." He smiled "I do." Alex opened the door and threw her keys down and looked around.

It was the same as she left it after that day.

FLASHBACK

Alex unlocked her apartment door and stepped inside relocking it. As soon as she stepped inside, she felt something inside her.

Something was wrong.

She grabbed a hold on her gun and stepped into the kitchen with it raised but slowly lowered it when she saw the intruder's face.

"Deckard?" He sipped a glass of whiskey "What are you doing here?" He lowered the glass "you shouldn't be here."

"I know. But I had to see you."

"Why? What's going on?" He sighed.

"Well, I'm assuming you heard about Owen being arrested?" I scoffed.

"Arrested? More like almost died." Alex sat on a stool and patted the one next to her. "How did you find me?" She turned to him as he sat down.

"I've always kept tabs on you... and I have this thing called God's eye." He smiled and Alex nodded.

"Nobody told about that program." He looked confused "my boss. He got pretty bloodied up from the fight you guys just had."

"I'm sorry Lex. But you know what happens when my loved ones get messed with." He touched her shoulder and she grabbed his hand.

"Don't I ever." I smiled thinking of our memories of our younger years but, the smile quickly faded "but why are you here, in my house?" He sighed.

"I don't know how this is going to end. And I had to see you, just in case." She looked at him with wide eyes and stood up.

"No. Don't do that too me. You can't say that." Panic was the only thing in her mind.

"Lex? Alex?" He kneeled down in front of her as she fell to the ground "Alexandra O'Conner, can you hear me?" She looked up at him and crawled into him to cry. He was one of the few she allowed to see her like that.

"I'm sorry. I-I-" he shushed her and pulled her closer

"Don't be sorry, Alex." She nodded as he sat themselves against the wall. "Nothing here is your fault."

"I missed you Deckard but, you still shouldn't be here."

"I know. I just missed you too." They looked at each other with so much love. But Alex looked away towards her bathroom for a moment and saw a blood trail.

"Why is there blood?" He put his head back.

"I finally met your brother and Torretto. They interrupted my dinner and I got stabbed in a shootout."

"Really? Stabbed?" Alex stood up.

"And shot once." Alex rolled her eyes

"Let me take a look-"

"No I'm fine."

"I won't let you leave until I see it." He nodded and smiled.

"You're as stubborn as always." He grabbed her hand and let her lead him to her bathroom as he sat on the closed lid of the toilet. He rolled up his sleeve and lifted the leg of his pants so she could see his wounds.

"You need to learn how to defend yourself better." She smiled at she sat on the bathroom floor and cleaned his wounds. "I thought I taught you better." There was some hissing and pulling away but his wounds were cleaned.

Alex and Deckard walked over to the door hand in hand.

"There's one part of me that wants to tell you to stay, but another part of me knows you'll get killed if you don't go." He nodded sadly.

"Alex... I-"

"Don't. I know what you're going to say. You're only saying it as a goodbye. And this can't be goodbye" Her words made even him tear up. Neither could say enything but he only pulled her close and she did the same.

"I love you Alex. And I will return to you." He said against her hair and left without another word.

"Can't wait." She said in her doorframe as he turned and smiled. "Take this." Alex took off a ring that he gave her from when they were together, all those years ago. "It's for good luck." She shouted and repeated his own words from long ago.
— — —

"I haven't been here since that day." She looked back at the Shaw's "well that week. I left the day after but, I kept some things here." She walked over to her room door.

"Where are you going?" Deckard asked

"If we're getting Owen out of prison, I have to look the part." She took off her leather jacket and threw it at Deckard. "You should get cleaned up too. You're covered in dirt." She smirked and walked into her old room and looked at her old clothes.
— — —
Alex walked out of her old room with a new outfit

"Where'd your mother go?" Alex asked after not seeing the older women anywhere

"Uhhhh. Safe house." Alex nodded. Soon she was overcome with emotions from the night when he appeared.

"I need to talk to you-" they said at the same time.

"You go." Deckard said as Alex started pacing.

"When you left, after I cleaned up your wounds, you said that you loved me." She stopped and looked at him. "Did you mean that?" She was hopeful.

"I don't know." He sat on a kitchen stool "I don't remember much from that day, I might've said that only because I could've died." Alex knew from past experiences to not get her hopes up but she hid it.

"Alright." Alex said as she grabbed an old gun and cocked it "let's go get your brother."
~~~~~
I just wrote this chapter yesterday because what I had written for this chapter was complete trash. I like this much better