Chapter 3

Shaw came out, sharply dressed, and wondering what happened.

"I'll tell you what I know." I led him to the room where the others were. "Remember Dominic Torreto from a year ago? Mr Nobody thinks he went rogue." I paused.

"You don't?" The Brit cut me off.

"You didn't let me finish, He stole an EMP that the team was assigned to get back here but he took it to a woman who calls herself 'Cypher'" then Shaw stopped.

"Cypher?"

"You've know her?" He nodded.

"She came to me for help, then when I said no, she went to my brother and that's how he got into that mess and why I met your family," I nodded understanding.

"Seems like we got that in common too." I kept walking to where the others were and entered.

As soon as we came in Hobbs and Shaw started to argue and Mr. Rules grabbed a hold of his gun "Don't." I said loud and stern as I pulled mine on him. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Everyone stared at me wondering what kind of crazy I am to pull a gun on my own teammates, everyone except for Shaw and Nobody.

"Alex, stand down." Mr. Nobody said as I put my eyes on Shaw. "Now, I know you all don't like each other very much but we need help tracking Dom." He turned to me "Alex, you caught him up?" I nodded. "Great." He clasped his hands together "now I brought you two here for two reasons, one: only you two have been able to track down Dom and two:" he looked at me and back at Shaw and Hobbs "you'll find out later." I stood with a blank look on my face as I put my gun on the table. "Now, anybody have any ideas?" Nobody said as I walked away.

I started to walk the perimeter of the room while Shaw was on a call and the rest of the team was using God's eye. I tuned out of their conversations as I started thinking about what I'd do if I met Cypher again. But then I heard Nobody say,
"Because that's here.." some bombs Went off to immobilize us and gave us small concussions. It looked like there was one for each of us. I saw Ramsey walking up to the dispenser but I pushed her out of the way before it went off. Then Shaw pulled me back towards him as another went off as we landed near the small platform where a glass room was and had a large piece of metal fall on us resulting in a probably concussion for me.

Then Cypher came into my view started to talk, probably an evil villain speech, but all I could hear was a far away echo of a voice. But then she came closer and I could hear everything.
"Hello Alexandra O'Conner... Still the best in the game?"

"I, hate, you." I said, struggling with deep breaths in between.

"Do you need your enhayler or, what's it called again, a Breathing tube?" Cypher said in a baby-ish voice and laughed. I just stared at her. I started to go in and out of consciousness because of the concussion and the air condition, bringing me back to that day.

FLASHBACK

"Alex, you thought you could escape me?"  She walked into the room where my family and I were eating dinner.

"Cypher. This is between you and me! Don't make it personal." I stood up, getting a hand on my gun.

"Oh Alex, you know me..." her voice shifted from being eerily sweet to cold, pulling out a lighter. "It's always personal." She turned on the gas stove and dropped the lighter in it, setting it on fire.