Chapter 23

3rd POV

Deckard walked out of the room Alex was in and went to his old room when he was younger. It was a kids room with bunk beds.

"I call bottom bunk." Owen said laying down on the bed already. Deckart rolled his eyes "I am not sleeping up there." Owen laughed as he pointed to the top bunk.

"Then why don't you just go with your girlfriend then?"

"She's not my girlfriend..." Owen gave him a 'really?' Look "not yet at least."

"Well, it seems like she is." Deckard just ignored his brother as he went into his shower.

I walked out of the bathroom to get dressed in some more, planning type clothes. I looked through the Shaw sister's closet and grabbed a black silk collared shirt and a light denim skirt. I blow dried my hair, changed, put my locket and my ring on and went back to the main room.

 I blow dried my hair, changed, put my locket and my ring on and went back to the main room

"Where'd Deckard go?" I asked his brother.

"Shower." He got up from the couch "you hungry?" I nodded as he led me to the kitchen and handed me some cereal.

"Thanks." Owen smiled at me and took his own bowl. "I have a question, if you don't mind me asking... why did you help Cypher?"

"It was a couple of things, I guess..." He poured his cereal "I needed some money," he paused and sighed "she also said she had information that pertained to me.." he shrugged "I had nothing better to do at that time." He paused again as he looked at me "I know what happened to you. She brought me in right after that fire. I think I was scared that she'd do something like that to me." I nodded.

"Who wouldn't be scared of dying in a fire?"

"My brother... and you. When she asked him the first time he didn't do it because he knew she had hurt you. But when he was approached by her after I was hospitalized, he did it for revenge on your family." I laughed a little and smiled.

"Speaking of, I know about you kidnapping Mia when you were working for her." He nodded, not proud of it. "I know you wouldn't want it brought up but, if you come to dinner, they will definitely bring it up."

"You think I'd be invited?" Owen asked.

"You're helping to save Dom's son. Of course you'll be invited." He nodded. "And if my brother pulls a gun on you... I'll do the same." He looked at me with surprise.

"You pull a gun on your own brother?" I nodded. "Why?"

"I wouldn't actually fire it. But I know you, you didn't do it for fun. You just didn't want to die. I'm not saying that justifies anything but, the Owen that I know, wouldn't do something like that for fun." Owen smiled sadly.

"Thank you." We went in for a hug.

"Do you know what the information Cypher had was about?" Owen shook his head "well, maybe after all this is over, I can help you with that." I said before pulling away "But for now, you need to consider a singing carreer. You actually have a great singing voice." Owen boomed with laughter.

"I do have one question. Why did you run out after Torreto?" I shrugged.

"It's my job."

"And..?" I sighed

"And I didn't want Deckard to go alone."

"You think I can't handle myself, Love?" Deckard said, walking out of the hallway.

"I know you can, you don't have to though." I smiled and put my bowl in the sink. Then the fun began...
~~~~
In case you missed the announcement,  I changed my username to @_ScarlettPhoenix_
For any of you wondering why, I just feel like it's a necessary change for me!