Chapter 21

"I need to talk to you." Alex said looking at Deckard and walking to a room.

"I agree." He followed her. Alex sat on the couch that was in the room.

"Back when I was under your command, I think I started to get these feelings for you. I didn't know then but when we were forced to leave each other and split up I-I think I realized that I had them." Deckard opened his mouth to speak.

"I'm not finished. I feel like you just understand me better than almost anyone I've ever met. And that night in the hotel, when you got me out of that nightmare..." she clamped her eyes shut to think of the words "no one has ever been able to do that..." she opened her eyes and looked at the floor in front of her "the feelings that I had, they came rushing back like a flood." He looked at her, waiting to hear more. "I'm finished now... go ahead" she said, sniffling.

"I feel the same... I've felt like that ever since I saw you in your training mission, when you were fearless and got yourself injured while protect the team and proving yourself. I know that I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything bad happened to you... that's why I pushed you from the door... I wish I could've taken care of you when you got your concussion... when Cypher attacked you, I wish I could've been there to help you with your PTSD." Alex put her hand on Deckard's arm.

"You have helped with it." Alex gave him a sad smile.

"I care about you too much to let anything that happen again." Alex nodded.

"I agree." They both sat down, not knowing what to do next. "So... what do you think we should do about us?" He shrugged.

"Urgh. You two are the most frustrating people I've ever met." They turned around to see Owen in the doorway. "You two obviously both like each other 'to much to let anything happen to the other', so just kiss or something already."

"Wait did you know?"

"Yes. I've known for way to long. That toss pot told me back when you first joined... he was so impressed with how you took down me and the others. He was all 'Alex O'Conner is very impressive. I wonder what she'd be like off the field'" he wiggles his eyebrows.

"What? 'Off the field'? What does that even mean?"

"It was how he said it. Like he was wondering how you'd be on a date... or at the end of a date." He smirked and winked as Deckard rolled his eyes.

"Are you drunk or something? You're making almost no sense." Owen started to walk out.

"I've seen the way you two look at each other, it's like you guys are the ones that are drunk... on LoOoOve" he laughed as he walked away.

"What a bloody wanker." Deckard said as he was looking at the direction his brother went.

"I think he's right." Alex said, looking the same way

"What?" Deckard's neck snapped to face Alex.

"We do look at each other like that" she said. Alex turned and looked at him with love in her eyes "Even back then."

"You're right. He's right, as much as I hate to admit it." They laughed and Alex looked at Deckard with nothing but love, and him doing the same.

All Alex could do was smile. Deckard did mean what he said.
~~~~
Hey everyone!! I'm going to be changing my name on Wattpad before the new year (I'll make an announcement when I do.)
AND DON'T WORRY!
I'll still be updating my stories. But when I finish the F8 story part I'll be taking a little bit of a break to finish the Hobbs and Shaw part of this story.
Byeeeeeeeee