Chapter 4

3rd POV

Alex woke up on a hospital-like bed, with tubes sticking out of her arms, making sure she was still alive. Alex tried to stand up but she was interrupted by a pounding headache that almost affected her ability to stand.

"No Alex. Lie back down." Luke Hobbs, her brother figure at the moment said. "You just got a major concussion, you need to recover." She shook her head.

"Remember when I did the last part of our final exam hungover?" Luke nodded, remembering their days of training together. "I'd rather do that again than sit here." Luke chuckled at his stubborn friend and started to help her out of all the wires and tubes.

"Someday, your stubbornness will be the end of you." She shrugged.

"Well then... at least you'll finally get one thing right about me." She smiled.
————
Alex and Luke walked into the room where it happened and everyone stared, getting to protest.

"Everyone, let it go, she's too stubborn to be persuaded to lie down." Alex went to her left to where Deckard Shaw was looking through some files, and glancing at her every once and a while, to see if they had anything on the ghost they call Cypher but, no one found anything. They sat around a table to try and devise a plan to take her down but everyone started to argue.

"Guys! We're not going to get anywhere if we continue to argue." Alex said sternly.

"Yeah, O'Conner's right. We need to go somewhere that we might have a chance at getting them." Little Nobody said with his arms crossed.

"Wait, O'Conner? Like as in Brian O'Conner's younger sister?" Roman asked as Alex and Luke rolled their eyes, knowing how much Alex hated being compared to her brother.

"Yes, Roman. Now, if you're done being nosey with my personal life, I'll try and find something to help us." Alex got up from the table and to where they were looking at files earlier only it was under her name. Roman looked back at her, confused.

"Why? Do you know something that we all don't?" Alex looked up to the ceiling, exhaling but not saying a word. "Listen lady, if you know something, shouldn't we all know?" Alex turned her head to look at Luke and he nodded. She also looked at Shaw, who looked away. She turned around fully and rested her back on the filing cabinets and crossed her arms, her file still in hand.

"A while ago, before the Shaw's came on Nobody's radar, I was working for Cypher-"

"You worked for Cypher? Are you a traitor?" Roman accused quickly.

"Are you saying I led her here?" Alex was talking very loudly. "I was working with Cypher undercover! I was a spy for Nobody." She started to have shallow breaths. "She almost killed my family." She walked past Roman, and stopped between Shaw and Luke. "I never have been, and I will NEVER be a traitor. I did that for my job. And I'm doing THIS" she lowered her voice volume "I'm doing this for my family." Alex dropped her file and pushed her way out of the door.

Deckard Shaw bent down to reach her file and went to put it back although, he opened it and looked at the first page which had her name, age and her conditions.

Name: Alexandra Hazel O'Conner
Age: 36
Health: Asthma - inhaler, anxiety, PTSD.
Relationships- Brian O'Conner (brother)
Laura O'Conner (mother)
Craig O'Conner (father- estranged)
Deckard Shaw (Commander, partner)

He stopped reading there, knowing that it wasn't right to look through it but, the look in her eyes told him that she wanted him to read her file and remember the old days. He looked at her picture and saw her grass green eyes that he fell in love with all those years ago.

"Yo, Princess! What are you doing reading her file?" Luke said, trying to protect his friend.
"Well, I'd like to know who I'm working with if that's alright with you." He came up with an excuse quickly. Then, as expected they started to argue again.