Chapter 9

It was about 12 hours into the drive to New York and the occupants were getting rowdy.

"But I don't understand. It's just Pierce or Parker... Easy decision" Alex rolled her eyes at Tej and Roman at their attempts at securing Ramsey as their own. Everyone was tired of it so when there came a knocking on the back door everyone except for Alex was taken by surprise. She went to the door and knocked back and the doors opened.

"I was thinking that we'd never stop."

"What? Why are we stopped?" Alex rolled her eyes at Little Nobody.

"Well, Mr. Nobody told the driver and I to stop here to take a rest and to have a meeting with him."

"Okay... where is he?" Alex shook her head at Little Nobody.

"The meeting is with Deckard and I. Not you." Deckard got off the truck and Alex led him to a closet.

"Ahh, Alex. I hope you are doing well." Alex nodded as the older man gave her a hug. "And Mr. Shaw." He shook his hand. "I know that you guys were in the same unit from before and I want you to stick together from now on."

"Why is that?" Alex crossed her arms.
"Well, I've gotten word that someone is developing a virus where it'll liquify your insides."

"Do we know who?" Alex asked, her arms still crossed. Mr Nobody sighed.

"We have suspicions that it is Eteon." Deckard and Alex nodded knowing who they were dealing with.

"Is there any way we could destroy it before hand?" Mr. Nobody shook his head. "Oh boy."

"Oh boy is right, we'll let you know when they have something official. But until that day comes, you two should stick together." The pair nodded in agreement. "You two should know that you won't be allowed to tell anyone... not even Luke or your family." Alex nodded.

"I get it. Super secret spy stuff." They all went out and saw Little Nobody with room keys.

"Ramsey and Letty will share a room, Tej and Roman, Hobbs and Alex and Shaw with me."

"I'll switch with you." Alex said

"What?" Little Nobody got confused.

"You don't know how long this man takes to have a shower." Alex said making up an excuse.

"Oh like you don't take forever?" Alex rolled her eyes.

"I do but unlike you, I have hair and I'm also a girl so, I don't know what takes you so long." Alex teased.

"Okay fine." Little Nobody gave Alex the key to a room and they all went up to their respective rooms.

Alex and Deckard's room was a standard hotel room that had two beds and a bathroom.
——
After the two did their night routines, they went to different beds and drifted off to sleep.

"Alex, you thought you could escape me?"  Cypher walked into the room where Alex and her family were eating dinner.

"Cypher. This is between you and me! Don't make it personal." Alex stood up, getting a hand on her gun.

"Oh Alex, you know me..." her voice shifted from being eerily sweet to cold, pulling out a lighter. "It's always personal." She turned on the gas stove and dropped the lighter in it, setting it on fire.

Alex got her mother and Brian out of their home when she went back in to search for Cypher.

"Alex?" Came a deep British voice from behind her.

"Brixton?" He was standing with Cypher. "I thought Deckard shot you!"

"He did." He said stepping towards her. "I've been made new." He flashed his teeth at her so she could see metal.

"You see, him and I have something in common. We were betrayed by you." Cypher said.

"Alex!" The building started to shake.

"Alex! Wake up!"

Alex's eyes shot open and saw Deckard almost on top of her from trying to wake her up. She was confused at first but then put her hand over her mouth remembering her nightmare.
Deckard moved off of her to get a box of Kleenex for her.

"Alex... what happened?" He said after a while.

"Remember on my file how it said I have PTSD?" He nodded. "And... um, when Cypher asked about a breathing tube o-or an inhaler?" Alex sat up on her bed. "Well, after I was undercover for her there was a fire and I got my mom and brother out but I went back in to try and get Cypher but she almost killed me." Deckard nodded again.

"You mentioned something about Brixton... how you said you thought that I already shot him dead."

"It seemed like he was there but it was after a while and I might've just been hallucinating."
Then something happened between the two that happened a long time ago. They were looking into each others eyes with nothing but care and maybe a little bit of love. They last looked at each other like this when they had to split up.

"I've missed you so much." Alex said as her tears started to flow. "There were so many times that I wanted to call or visit you but because of our agreement I didn't."

"I know how you feel. I've wanted to do the same for some time now. Ever since Owen ended up in the hospital because of Torretto's crew I wanted to get your advice. You've always been able to see the best in people." They both just sat there being comfortable in each others company.

"After this all is over with Cypher I think we definitely should stick together." Alex looked her former commander. "I don't think I could live without you again." Alex paused to correct herself "I know I can't."

"I can't either." They both went in for a tight hug knowing that the other was hiding some feelings. They pulled apart, Deckard going back to his bed while Alex was still sitting upright on her bed.

"What's wrong?" Alex was looking off in the distance "Lex?" Alex shook herself out of her trance.

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep after that." Deckard moved back to her bed.

"I'll stay awake with you then." He put an arm around her "I almost forgot about this." He pulled out a ring that she recognized.

"You still have it?" He nodded and gave it to her

"It's for good luck." She smiled as he repeated her words from some years ago. She leaned into him.

"I knew you'd return." eventually they fell asleep.