5

Coming to I feel my head pounding and try to rub the sleep from my eyes but I'm restrained.

This is not my bed.

The sheets are white satin covered by a large grey-blue quilt with a navy blue down comforter that reminded me of the night sky. The entire room is a mix of dark leather seating, mahogany wood furniture, and was made of stone. No windows to let natural light in and at least 4 doors, one must lead to the outside world.

On the wall across from the king sized bed is a wall of books stacked sky high, like I was in the Beasts library from Beauty and the beast. He also had a built-in fire place which is lit with stacks of wood along the wall attached to that one.

It could use some brightening up, but overall it's comfortable. He had standing lamps around the room, Edison bulb lighting hanging from the ceiling and white candles galore.

It's a very nice room but it's not mine. And as much as I would like to Pinterest the décor to my 'Future Home' board, I'm tied up in a strange place with a horrible hangover. The silky restraints seem like they should be easy to slip out of if I just tug hard enough.

Outside the far door on the opposite wall of the bedroom I hear voices getting closer. I can only manage to hear a few words.

"Yes Master."
"My pleasure, Master."

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I say under my breath in a whisper. How could women willingly say things like that.

As soon as the words are out of my mouth the door opens and slams shut. I see the subconscious created creature is back and angry.

"What did you say, slave?"

"You heard that? That's not humanly possible."

"Well I'm not human."

His eyes are dark, not the sparkling blue I remember. He's wearing low hanging dark blue jeans, without a shirt on. It shows off his cut upper body. Tall, broad shoulders, all muscles...my eyes working their way down above a certain part of him.

If we were friends, I'd tell him to find a belt. But we aren't friends and I have a feeling he would have a smart answer to that.

"Stop staring, slave." He smirks, "unless you want me to fuck that sassy mouth of yours."

"I-I can be polite. Mr. Master, Sir." I try to stand my ground but realize I'm not in a position, literally and figuratively, to do so. "No thank you. I wouldn't like you to go anywhere near me in that way. Please, sir."

Sir I can say. Master? Not a chance in hell. Although I'm starting to think that's where I am.

"I like that." He says tapping his chin and smiling, his eyes look as though they are deep in thought, "Mr. Master Sir." His face seemed darker and more wicked. Chuckling low, "Your mum was right, you'll do well here...as long as you stay alive."

I pulled harder trying to wiggle free from my restraints and felt a red flush of heated anger rise up in me. My mother died on my 14th birthday. We hardly celebrated birthdays before then and now I can't stand them. It was all my fault. She went out to pick up my birthday cake and never came back.

"How do you know my mom's name?!" I couldn't help the tears and runny nose from flowing. Luckily I was an ugly crier, it would be to my advantage if this monster did want to take advantage of me. I had noticed I was only in my underwear from last night.

"Oh mummy dearest and I go way back, little lamb." He leaned against the post of what I assumed was his bed. His eyes were starting to lighten up to back to the sparkling light blue I knew with the dark rings around them. They sparkled even in this dimly lit, sunless room. I couldn't help but calm down and stare. Aquamarine eyes under long lush dark lashes. A feminine look that softened his whole demon-monster-masculine energy.

"It's a trick you know. My eyes, my scent, my breath, even my voice and touch can seduce anyone. Woman or man. Willing or unwilling." He looked down towards the floor while twiddling his thumbs.

Was he anxious? Self conscious? He doesn't need to be. He's rough and handsome. Not my usual type, but then again who likes a demon that has taken them prisoner?

My whole body had relaxed while looking into his eyes. Now that they weren't looking into mine I could feel my anger and fear rush back to me. It was like he was a Xanax if I kept eye contact. I wanted to feel that calm again, but his eyes were black when he finally looked up.

"I'm a man of my word. I want to talk." He pushed off the post with his body and before I could blink was sitting on the bed next to me.