39

"Princess, we're here." Nyx gently went to let me go but when my legs wobbled he picked me up again.

His cottage home was in the middle of a forest, surrounded by trees and the sounds of animals and other critters that come alive at night. It wasn't what I had expected, but I also hadn't really thought about where Nyx lived. I had assumed he lived in the castle like some of the other upper level staff. It had a thatched roof and was made of wood that was painted white. His door and window treatments were black. A stark contrast that was softened by pink and purple garden beds aligning his natural rock walkway. I could hear water moving somewhere but couldn't see it. He did have trimmed hedges which seemed unnecessary since he lived in the middle of the forest. Ivy vines ran up a trellis on the side of his house and he had a door plate in the shape of a crescent moon.

When we entered I finally let him put me down and I looked around. With one flick of his wrist, candles and a fire came to life. A kitchen light over the stove turned on and I could see lights on upstairs. As I walked in his staircase was almost in front of the door. To the right was a den with the fire going. To the left was a dining table and the kitchen.

"Would you like some wine or tea?" He seemed amused at me gawking at his home.

"No thank you. Is this really your home? I thought you lived at the castle." Both of us meeting at the bottom of the stairs, not looking directly at the other.

"Yes, I'm sure this is mine. It's been in my family for generations. What? Doesn't look dark enough for you?"

"No, it's not that. I dunno, it doesn't seem like a bachelor pad, it looks and feels like a very welcoming, lived in, family home."

Our fingers started to touch and intertwine as we grew closer to one another.

"Oh that. Hmm. My mother made it very comfortable and decorated it and I just never thought of redecorating it. I can assure you my room at the castle is a true bachelor pad. Posters of naked faeries, a neon ale sign, and random women's underwear left behind that I never intend to pick up." I like his sarcasm. "But upstairs is special. It's mine." His eyes glowed green with excitement.

Our fingers intertwined when I asked him to show me.

Nyx wasn't lying. There was 1 huge room upstairs. Shelving everywhere holding all sorts of oddities like crystals, magic mirrors, jars filled with water, herb gardens, singing bowls, and other knickknacks. His room seemed lit up from downstairs but now that we were up here, it wasn't as strong.

"I'm dimming the lights. Don't freak out, but I'm trying to set the mood."

I walked around looking at all of his collectibles, he had a large bed in the middle of the room with black sheets and a black blankets.

"Ha. Do you even know how to set the mood?"

He was quickly laying on the bed perched up on his for arms, his index finger curving at me to move to him. Nyx had confidence in his mood setting skills. Although I wanted to wipe that smug grin off of his face, he had put on some sexy slow jams on low, candles appeared lit all over the shelves and around the bed. "You know this is a fire hazard. I guess we'll just have to stay clothed." I sat on the edge of the bed.

All the candles went out when he snapped his fingers. He had twinkle lights appear above us. "In the mood yet?"

"Hmm not yet." He moved my hair to the side and started kissing the back of my neck. "Oh yeah? What's missing?"

"I'm waiting for Let's Get It On by Marvin Gay. Or Sexual Healing? Maybe some Stevie Wonder or Bruce Springsteen, I'm on Fire?" I chuckled as his finger under my chin turned my head to kiss me.