32

Fiona's POV

I refuse to leave while my brothers and my best friend are obviously in so much pain. The ball is gorgeous and my pull towards Liam is strong but I have to stay away.

Maggie. What an old bitter crime?! She spells the room, our mate bonds, curses her own bloodline - who does that?!

A self-centered psychopathic bitch.

We've left the ball to head to our rooms but Oisin looks so devastated. I can't leave him alone right now.

"Liam, why don't you go ahead of us?" He had been a few steps behind us, keeping his distance since the day Oisin left him out of the conversation in his room. He grabs my waist and pulls me into him. His scent is as intoxicating as ever and his hands gripping onto me is strong; bringing back memories and a feeling of familiarity. "Liam, not now." He growls but let's go and nods.

He walks up the staircase to our room and doesn't even look back as he walks in. If he is my true mate, I'm physically and emotionally torturing him.

"Oisin?" His head and shoulders slouch, putting his arm on the railing of the stairs to hold him up. I know we both want to cry but there are no more tears left. "I'm worried about you."

"You should worry about yourself Fiona. Protect your heart sister. I can see your resolve is fading the more time you spend with Liam." He sighs, not even looking up at me. "And until she figures it out and picks her true mate, we are stuck. Cursed. Bloody fucking doomed."

Rian is at the top of the stairs laughing at us. "Maggie is a fucking cunt. She messed with what's ours and we will mess with what's hers."

"No! Evee can't know. She has to figure it out herself. You heard the witch, until she does we aren't able to find our true mates. And if we try anything before that, we are stuck permanently without the ability to do so."

"She wanted us all for herself, Oisin. She wanted to become immortal like us. She wanted power. Evelyn didn't ask for that. She doesn't even look like she's enjoying being a Princess. Plus her mother deserves it. Maybe if we take her out of the equation we can skip this whole waiting game. Poor Liam needs to get laid." He points to my suite door as I reach the top of the stairs, Oisin only 2 steps behind,

"I heard that shitbag!" Liam yells.

"Good. Now stop tempting my sister to..." Rian snarls and the door opens.

"Fuck? To make love to me? To be her mate? Because that's what I am. I'm not under Maggie's spell and I can tell you that Fiona's soul belongs with mine. Not to one another. Our souls were meant to be one. And right now it feels like I'm physically being ripped in half, day in and day out. So no, your majesty, I will continue to try to get my other half back before I burn walk into the sun and allow my entire being be reduced to ash." Liam's eyes look red and shallow, like he hasn't fed or slept. He's wearing dark gray sweatpants that hang low and make my mouth water.

"I miss you Liam." I can barely hear my own voice. "I miss you so much. Don't hurt yourself because of me. Please, don't do anything stupid."

He takes a step out of the doorway towards me and I step back landing into Oisin. "Fiona, there is nothing to fear from me. I'm not Maggie. Why won't you all listen to me?! Believe me?! Fiona, baby, please..."

"That's enough." Oisin has my in one arm and his other one is reaching out to stiff arm Liam from coming any closer. "You may not be the problem but you sure as hell aren't making it easy for the woman you claim to love so much. Stop. Being. Selfish."

I gasp, realizing Maggie might have influence over Liam. He's being selfish and that's not like him. I've stayed away. Locked myself away. Offered him an open relationship while we figure all of this out. I've gone above and beyond to make sure our bond is truly as sacred as the moon goddess gifts to her werewolves.

I look up to see Liam flare his nose in anger. He won't fight them, he physically can't take on my brothers. I can see the wheels turning in his head and he backs down.

"You're right. Fi...Fiona...my love. Look at me." I can look at him just not in his eyes. "You deserve." He chokes back and I see the tears fall from his face. "You deserve so much more than I can give you. You have my heart, but I think it's time I go stay with another clan. At least until this mess is sorted out."

I feel physically ill.

"I, King Rian, hereby release you from our clan. I will find you a suitable new one as soon as possible. They will have no choice but to accept you with open arms. Until you move out you must stay out of sight and mind for my sisters sake. If I hear or see otherwise you will be thrown in the dungeon. 50 lashings repeatedly, leaving no time for healing. No vampire blood will be given to you. Do you understand me?"

For as harsh as it sounds, that's a kind fate from a King of a clan of vampires. I'm shaking in Oisin's arms.

"Thank you for your kindness, your majesty." Oisin picks me up before I can see Liam who is now on his knees, bowing to my brother.

I hear Liam shut the door and Rian's heavy footsteps catching up to Oisin.

"You'll stay with me, sister. Hot cocoa and whatever else you desire." Rian is being the brother I knew growing up. Such a softy at heart. Oisin says we'll make it a sleepover without sleep and I get to pick whatever we binge watch.

All I desire is Liam. I chose Liam. I now choose Liam. He's my past, present, and future.

But in the back of my mind a small voice creeps in saying: what if he's not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. Next chapter is much longer and has a lot going on ;)

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to STAR, COMMENT, SHARE, AND ADD TO YOUR READING LIST FOR UPDATES!