42

Walking with Oisin had been like a dream. His musk overwhelmed me. His touch created sparks that I had been missing. Overall, Oisin is intoxicating.

Where were we going?

"I have to admit, I can't take full credit for this." He knocks twice loudly on the ballroom door. "Fiona, as 'Liv', has been your confident while living overseas and you've told her a lot of embarrassing secrets."

"Oh no!" I giggled and gasped. What would she plan in the ballroom? What did I tell her? I shift uncomfortably in my heels.

Oisin winks at me and clears his throat.

The doors open to a long table decorated in French food. I'm offered the head of the table, Oisin pulling my chair out for me, as he takes the seat next to me. It's too dark to really see what's going on but the food smells and looks delicious.

And then the magic happens, Disney magic.

Be our guest, be our guest...

Oh my goodness. I've always wanted to be Belle. And Oisin is definitely a beast.

The lighting and scenery is better than a Broadway or West End show, and the animated candlestick singing and dancing can really sing!

The whole show goes on and it feels like we are part of it.

"This is unreal." Servers start to bring the hot food around and champagne. It's all so delicious! Oisin hand keeps finding mine as we talk and eat.

"I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to see you. Be near you. Know that you're okay." A hitch in his voice tells me that he's emotional. "I'm..."

I give him my best judgmental glare. "If you say sorry again, I'm leaving this amazing date and finding Fiona so we can enjoy it together." I clasp his hand harder. "I missed you too, Oisin. You, Fiona, Liam, even Rian surprisingly. You all are my family. Living here has taught me that family is whatever we want it to be. My mother and father don't see me like you and your family does."

"Princess..." Oisin leaned over to wipe a fallen tear I hadn't even noticed. "Evelyn, if only I could let you see yourself through my eyes... you would see the radiant, intelligent, feisty, beautiful, strong, sexy, challenging, honest, funny, kindhearted soul that you are. And you'd never doubt yourself ever again."

I got lost staring into his eyes of ocean blue and wished I could see that. But hearing it from him and Rian has meant so much to me. If I had wings, I feel like they would be the ones that believe in me enough to allow me to fly.

Oisin stood up, buttoned his jacket, and pulled out my chair for me like the gentleman he is. "Come on, there is more..." he smiled, showing off his beautiful lush lips and straight white teeth. I licked my lips and he chuckled. "Not yet, Princess. Later."

We were pulled apart and since he didn't seem to panic, I tried to stay calm but these people were undressing me and putting me into a ball gown. Within moments my hair was up and it was like a fairy godmother had flicked her wrist and ta-da! I was Belle.

I felt the floor move and held onto the arm of then woman trying to finish my makeup. Her hand went white from blood loss.

"Whoops, sorry. I wasn't expecting that." My apology fell on deaf ears as she ran from me. I guess I'm getting stronger everyday. Good to know.

Queue the music.

Tale as Old as Time

I walked out from behind the makeshift dressing room to find Oisin looking handsome as ever, as my beast. He walks me down the stairs and every movement, moment, violin and piano note played was to perfection.

We danced as Belle and Beast, even him walking out onto a balcony with snow, in Tir na Nog, in the middle of June, and offered me a seat on a stone bench.

I wanted to stay in that magical moment forever. Mrs. Potts was a teapot! A singing teapot! And that ballroom was THE ballroom.

Sorry I'm Disney geeking out here which is not my usual style. I think Disney's name looks like Gisney which makes me think of jizz and my mind is in the gutter.

Our facades fell away and what we were wearing reappeared.

"Why couldn't they do that the first time around?" I teased Oisin.

"Beats me, Fiona set it up." His eyes never left me.

"Can't blame her for the bad and take credit for the good." I tsked him.

"You looked beautiful, but I think I like you better as you." Oisin came closer and took my hand so I could stand up, not that it made me any closer in height to him.

"Hmm I liked you in blue and gold. The beast was a good look for you." I tried to walk away smiling to myself.

"Oh really? I'm don't turn you on just as I am?" He caught my hand and spun me back into him. "Because I think you do." His tone was serious but his face was playful. I could see him fighting back a smile.

"I don't think that's what I said." I pursed my lips. My hands on his arms since I couldn't get to his shoulders. His arms wrapped around my waist. "I just think we might like to try role playing." I innocently batted my eyelashes at him. I wasn't going to play the sexy, seductive side yet. You don't show everyone your cards while playing poker.

My intuition told me he'd find it funny. Throwing his head back in laughter before making a caveman-like move and throwing me over his shoulder. It was like I had seen this scene played out in my head before. Like de ja vou

But in my vision, my arms weren't touching him. They were behind my back as I oh so innocently stared up at him. This one small detail of where my hands were made the future change.

"I'll play whatever role or game you want to play, kitten, because in the end we both win."

Fuckmenow.

I knew he heard that but apparently chose to ignore it. My face was a dead giveaway.

"Oisin, I've seen this before. But my hands weren't on you and that changed the ending."

How is that possible? Something so insignificant and small change everything.

"You've been able to hone your oracle skills here?" I stepped away from an excited Oisin. "That's great! That makes life back home so much easier with Rian." He sighed loudly and continued to chuckle until he noticed I didn't share his enthusiasm.

"Oisin, how can a seer, or oracle, know the future if it changes so rapidly. My hands on your arms instead of behind my back? What happens if war breaks out and someone steps onto the field before they are supposed to or a horn goes off a minute too soon or too late? My visions aren't set in stone. These minute details could be the difference between life and death."

I felt nauseous. Oisin stood beside me trying to calm me down but all I could think of was how useless I was because in reality, whether it's this realm or the world I grew up in, my gift was nothing but an educated guesstimate of what was to come.

Statistically speaking, the odds were not in my favor.