38

"You can fly?!" I shivered from the cold sweat that broke out during my exchange with Alpha Knox and the air moving from Nyx's wings. "You have wings?!" I smiled trying to touch them. I couldn't even see them. Although they looked much more like large dragon fly wings, I had imagined angel-like wings.

"Please do not touch, Princess." He sounded annoyed as he put his hand out pointing towards the castle. "They can be ripped and it's a headache to repair."

I gazed at him like the truly special specimen he was, as a man and a faerie. "Why are we walking if you can fly?"

He rolled his eyes and kept walking, checking behind to see if I was following him. I stayed back a few steps to try to find his wings that seemed to disappear.

"Just like an insect or bird, my wings can be tucked away." He stopped and looked back giving me a smirk. "Remember I can hear your thoughts and pry into your mind."

"Yep. You and Oisin. Kinda unfair when you are dating-"

"Courting. It's called courting Princess."

I rolled my eyes and stared into his brilliant dark eyes. They seemed to glow in the moonlight. My eyes fell to his lips and I lost my train of thought. "What?"

"You were saying something about being courted by men who can read your thoughts." He smirked again. Goddess he has a sexy smirk. I'd like to have a midnight rendezvous with him right now. Images of us together doing a lot more than kissing flashed in my minds eye.

His cough brought me out of my trance. "Princess, your thoughts are showing." He teased.

"Oh. Oh crap." I hit his shoulder and he pretended to wince in pain. "Stay out of my head!" I blushed.

"Stop thinking about me and I will." Nyx winked.

I'm in serious trouble. He's like forbidden fruit and all I want to do is devour him.

"Before you get too ahead of yourself there Princess, let's go back to the reason I'm here." He was laughing. At me. At my thoughts.

"Not AT you, it's just you're so cute and innocent and are embarrassed by your sexual nature. It's...cute."

I started walking in the general castle direction. He caught up to my using his wings. You have legs too ya know, I wanted say. Hopefully he heard that.

"I did. I know all." His eyes went wide as he chuckled to himself. "Not really, but I do know that the Alpha didn't kill his first wife."

"How?"

We started walking again and he turned his head towards me he spoke close to my ear.

"Something as emotionally and physically daunting as murder would be in his memories. All I saw was pain, grief, depression, and an urge to avenge her death. He thinks it's foul play and he wants help from other supernatural beings to help him track down and execute her true killer."

Wow. I nodded. "So I was right in thinking he was a bit...too enthusiastic about the possibility of us, but incorrect on him being a murderer?"

"Yes, your Highness, you should learn to trust your intuition more often. Listen to it. I know you felt that something was off. You were right."

He stepped closer to me. "And as much as I enjoy our little garden strolls, Princess, I would much rather explore that midnight rendezvous you were thinking about." His finger tangled one of my loose hairs from my mermaid braid crown and he put it behind my ear. "Want to hear what I've thought about doing to you, Princess?" His warm breath on my ear and our cheeks almost touching.

I nod, unable to say anything. He chuckles and pulls away, leaving a hand on my cheek, resting his forehead to mine with his eyes closed.

"They are very naughty." My eyes pop open to meet his gaze lingering on my lips. I whimper. "I want to worship at your altar." His other hand caresses my other cheek. Even the simplest of touches from Nyx cause tingles down my spine and heat pool in my core. My eyes close again, my head would have rolled back if his hands weren't keeping me to his forehead.

"I've thought of nothing else today. Since meeting you this morning I've only thought of how much I'd like to see your face as I give you pleasure." Nyx lifted his head, his eyes filled with desire, a look I've only seen once before. "Let me make you feel like the goddess you are." His one hand went to my waist and pulled me in flush to him. The other caressed my cheek while he gazed lustfully into my eyes.

"Nyx! Is everything alright?!" A male voice yelled from a nearby patio. We had walked almost all the way back to the castle.

Jumping away from him, Nyx let out a eerie noise as powerful as a werewolves warning growl.

"Fucking fan-fucking-tastic Owen! Now go the bloody hell away!" If he were a cartoon I swear steam would be coming out of his ears.

The dark silhouette of a large man started to laugh loudly. "So that's Owen?" I bit my lower lip, "why does Owen want to know if everything is alright?" I couldn't help but tease.

Owen seemed to disappear but his laughter vibrated off the walls. We could hear exactly how far away he was because of it. I swear Nyx blushed.

I stood with my arms crossed and shuffled from one leg to the other. My bottom half hurt from the day of walking. I stared down at the ground until I saw two black shoes. Slowly looking up, Nyx took my chin in his fingers and soon I our lips were moving against one another. My arms fell away so he could pull my closer. His hand on my waist again and his other hand roaming my body, stopping at the more sensitive areas. I let out a small sound of pleasure when his hand finally played with my breast. He smiled against my lips.

"I want you, Princess Evelyn. I want all of you." He said kissing down my neck. "Stay with me tonight." Nyx's lips captured mine again with more passion. "I want you. Please." He begged as we separated from the kiss. I felt lightheaded like I needed fresh air. I could hardly breathe let alone say something. So I simply nodded, letting my hands fall around his shoulders.

"Let's go somewhere less...crowded." We were out in a private royal garden at night with no one else around. What was he talking about?

Before I could ask, he picked me up and the ground moved farther and farther away.

"I'm scared of heights!"

"Then don't look down," he laughed.

His hold felt secure and even now I could barely see his wings which were moving so fast and continued to take us higher.

"Where are we going?" I did look down and noticed we had crossed over the castle walls.

"Home." He didn't look down at me but his arms held me tighter and I knew he I could tell he was excited to show me his home. I snuggled into his chest and closed my eyes.