45

Oisin's POV

We all sighed a breath of relief knowing Liam and Evelyn had escaped. But why would the King, her own father, want to kill her?

Rian didn't care why, all he could see was red. I understood how he felt but her father just found her, it made no sense.

The castle was buzzing saying the princess's execution, and apparently the Queen was in a cell in the dungeon.

We needed more intel but with the guests left over from the ball fleeing from the castle it was hard to go towards the fire while everyone ran from it.

'Oisin? Prince Oisin?'

What the fuck? Who was talking to me telepathically?

'Nyx, a friend of the Princess.'

'What do you want?'

'Only to help. We can't talk here.'

I guess the question was written all over my face because Fiona noticed my blank stare.

"Who are you talking to?"

"Nyx, a dark faerie. He says he..."

'DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANOTHER WORD OR MY NAME OUT LOUD AGAIN!'

Looking at Fiona I did my best to communicate to her without talking. I wasn't fluent in sign language but we knew enough that I could tell her I wasn't allowed to speak.

'Why all the secrecy?'

'I like being alive, don't you?'

Sarcastic bastard.

'Well technically I'm dead so...'

'So you're the sarcastic bastard.'

'What? How'd you do that? I didn't say that to you.'

'And you didn't have to for me to hear it. Let's not get into it right now but just know I can see every memory, thought, and secret. Your brother, King Rian, should do better to monitor his thoughts.'

Looking over at Rian still pacing and ready to jump at the chance to kill, I was worried Nyx meant treason by plotting to murder the King but in my heart I knew that wasn't what he was implying.

I turned away and focused solely on Nyx while Fiona ran around gathering our essential items. To be honest, only my family was essential. And Evelyn. All this stuff was replaceable.

'So what's up? Why is the King going on a killing spree within his own family? And who was beheaded if it wasn't the Princess?'

I heard a loud groan inside my head like he was annoyed with my questions. It wasn't like we were gossiping about what to wear or who we had a crush on, although I could tell he loved her too. Evelyn. My Evelyn.

'Do you want to die? Because I'm not the only faery here who can read minds and you aren't the only supernatural creature here who can talk to someone telepathically.'

I rolled my eyes hoping he could see it somehow.
'True. So what's the plan?'

'Violet will go out for provisions soon. Follow her and wait further instruction.'

'What about my family? Not to mention we can't go out in the daylight. We'll burn to ash.'

'Right. Shit. Well we can't wait so I'll send Violet along with some lotion. Put it everywhere that your skin is showing and you'll be safe for a few hours or so.'