Prologue

Edited 7/2/2022

Edited 7/2/2022

Prologue

Within the forest of Forks lay a rather magnificent house; it was home to a Coven of vampires. These vampires were unlike any others of their kind as they had aurum coloured eyes unlike the blood red of others of their kind. The reason for their strangely coloured eyes was due to their diet as they classed themselves as 'vegetarian vampires' which meant they fed off the blood of animals rather than people. They were also much larger than a normal coven and closer as well as they considered each other family, within this family there eight vampires that made up the Olympic Coven. There was Carlisle and Esme the leaders of the clan but also mates and husband and wife, Carlisle had found her dying and couldn't bear to be without her so he changed her. Next was Edward, a rather sullen vampire and the first person Carlisle changed.

Then there was Rosalie, who Carlisle had found dying in the street in Rochester. Two years after she had been turned, Rosalie found her mate Emmett and his younger twin sister Iris, dying after being mauled by a bear. Before he had passed out Emmett had asked Rosalie to save his sister so she took them both to Carlisle. Emmett and Iris have always had a close bond with each other and that didn't change after they were turned either. A few years later two more vampires joined them; Alice, a rather small clairvoyant vampire who turned out to be Iris' mate, and an Empathic vampire by the name of Major Jasper Whitlock.

Jasper was one of the oldest vampires within the coven, second to Carlisle, although he was surrounded by his family he was incredibly lonely as he didn't have a mate yet, much like Edward. Alice had promised he'd find his mate if he joined the Cullen clan but it had yet to happen, he had been without his mate for so long he was starting to give up. But tensions were about to rise within the Coven as a secret Alice had been hiding was about to come out.

***

Alice was humming a tune to herself as she carried a vase full of flowers into the living room, they were a gift from Iris. When she suddenly went into a vision, the vase smashing to the ground and attracting everyone's attention to her.
"What did you see, Alley?" Iris asked as she helped Alice sit on the sofa. Before she could answer Edward spoke up.
"Jasper's mate is coming back here." He sneered, with an unreadable tone in his voice.
"Back? What does he mean, Alice?" Jasper asked tense, almost growling as he wondered why he'd been kept from his mate.
"Alice spoke to her in August." Edward added.
"Can you shut the hell up!" Iris snapped glaring at Edward. "Are you really trying to pick a fight!?"