Chapter Twenty-Nine, Preparation

A few weeks had gone by and the twins had grown once more, slowed down by Valerie being a werewolf; which meant Valerie had to increase her blood intake a little bit. Not that it really mattered, as it would have meant they got to find out what they were having today, if Alice had contained her excitement; which everyone teased her on. As Valerie got out of the shower she felt two kicks one after the other on either side of her stomach making her grunt a little in discomfort.
"Hello my darlings, Mama loves you both so much. We'll go find Dada and your big brother in a minute." Valerie whispered lovingly to them as she rubbed her stomach making them settle back down. Wrapping a towel around her body Valerie put the anti-frizz serum in her hair before wrapping her hair up in another towel, before drying herself off. After putting on some deodorant, green underwear and brushing her teeth, Valerie went back into our bedroom and into the closet to find something to wear.

Looking through her clothes Valerie decided on some light blue jeans, a mauve-pink wrap top, white ankle socks and white converse to go with it. After brushing her wavy blonde hair and throwing it up into a messy bun, Valerie caught sight of her bump in the mirror. Even though she was only eighteen weeks pregnant, she looked much bigger than she did with Jace; which Carlisle explained was normal as she was carrying twins this time she would be bigger than she was with Jace and show sooner. Snapping a picture on her phone to document the bump, Valerie left to find her wayward son and husband. It didn't take long to find them as she could hear Jace fighting with Jasper over getting dressed from the hallway.

"Now, come on, lil' wolf, you need to get dressed." Jasper told their son sternly.
"No!" Jace shouted, stomping his little foot as he wiggled around crying.
"He's definitely coming into the Terrible Twos, huh?" Valerie asked rhetorically, leaning on the doorframe.
"You're telling me." Jasper groaned, but despite the situation and a temperamental toddler Jasper had a loving smile on his face for wife and son, proven by Jasper kissing Jace's forehead.
"Do you want me to try Jazz?" Valerie asked, running a soothing hand through his curls, causing Jasper leaning into her hand with a soft smile on his face. They were starting to potty train Jace now, so he had pull-ups on instead of nappies and would then progress onto pants during the day and pull-ups at night, then to none at all.