Chapter Thirty-One, Waking up

Chapter Thirty-One, Waking Up

Jasper was tense. He knew physically that Valerie was going well under the effects of the venom but that didn't stop his worry. Not only was she the love of his life but the mother of his children, she was also a werewolf and Alpha Luna at that and had a whole pack dependent on her; but the main cause of his worry was the unknown. There had never been a werewolf turned to any of their knowledge and it caused tempers to become high with a thick tension in the air. Jasper had kept himself and his children away from it all, secluding them away in his bedroom with Valerie as Emmett and Paul had already come to blows.

However, after Rosalie and Iris and Sam and Jared had separated the pair and they'd cooled down they had laughed it off but being an Empath Jasper could feel everyone's tension as it affected his own and wanted nothing to do with it. The only peace he got was with his wife as he entertained his babies. Despite the high tempers, tensions and the twins looking nearly like a month old, the house has been rather busy with everyone coming to meet the twins. Not that any one minded as Charlie came quite regularly to see Jace and the twins; but it still felt like a piece of Jasper was missing with Val not able to be there.

Jasper wasn't the only one who was missing Valerie greatly, their children were too. Jace was constantly asking for Val and had even got into hysterics yesterday because he wanted his mother, so he had to be placed on Valerie to calm him down and he finally fell asleep. Exhausted from all his crying and tantrums, not that it was his fault. He didn't understand, and his werewolf genes were playing havoc with the two year old. Cameron and Aubrey were missing Valerie as well, although she had only held them for ten minutes each, if that. They were often crying for her like their big brother. Jasper and the others had also discovered they had powers a few hours after they were born, Cameron had surprised them all when he caused flowers and other such plants to suddenly spring up in and around the house.