Chapter Fourteen, A Christmas Surprise

Edited 8/2/2022

Edited 8/2/2022

Chapter Fourteen, A Christmas Surprise

Christmas had fast approached the family in the Swan household. Jasper was both nervous and excited on Christmas morning as he had the perfect way to propose to the love of his life. The ring was wrapped up, and in her stocking, and he had a little baby grow for Jace to wear that would be perfect. He had asked Charlie's permission to marry Valerie and he had agreed. It would be Charlie's first Christmas with Valerie, Jace and Bella - (who had refused to go to Jacksonville with her Mum and Phil and they couldn't exactly tie her up and drag her there) - and Charlie was excited to spend it with them. No matter how much Jasper wished she'd left; that's why Emmett, Iris, Alice, Rosalie, Carlisle and Esme were building a house for them but that was another surprise as it wouldn't be ready for a while yet.

Hearing Jace babbling away to himself Jasper decided to get him dressed, so Valerie could sleep in a little longer.
"Happy Christmas my lil wolf." Jasper said, as he entered the nursery. Smiling when Jace's face lit up when he saw him.
"Dada." Jace screeched happily, reaching his arms up. Jasper picked him up kissing his blonde hair and changed him out of his Christmas pyjamas and into some elf red and white striped trousers, matching hat, the 'Mummy will you marry Daddy?' baby grow, and a red Christmas jumper.
"There, don't you look handsome." Jasper cooed, rubbing his nose against Jace's making him giggle. After playing with Jace for a while Jasper placed him back into the cot and quickly got dressed into blue jeans, a white shirt and a red Christmas jumper with white snowflakes on over the top and brown shoes.

"Happy Christmas darlin." Jasper said, kissing Valerie softly when he felt her starting to wake up.
"Hmm. Good morning." Valerie yawned, stretching like a cat and rubbing her eyes. "Don't you look handsome." She said, more awake now as she took in his outfit and leaned up to kiss him again.
"Mama!" Jace shouted, through the open nursery door.
"He's already been changed and dressed." Jasper said quickly, before Valerie could say anything.
"You're amazing. Happy Christmas Jazz." Valerie said, kissing him which started a make out session for a few minutes before Valerie got out of bed and changed into a pair of white jeans, a matching jumper to Jasper, brown ugg boots and her hair in a waterfall braid.

"Hi baby. Happy Christmas and don't you look handsome." Valerie cooed, picking up her son and rubbing noses with him while Jasper wrapped his arms around them. "Daddy did a good job didn't he?" Valerie said, kissing Jace then leaning her head back for a kiss. Chuckling Jasper happily kissed the love of his life.
"I love you."
"I love you too."
"And we love you too, Jace." Val and Jasper said together, when there was a knock on the door.
"Happy Christmas Daddy." Valerie said, hugging her Dad as soon as he entered the nursery, being mindful of Jace in her arms.
"Happy Christmas sweetheart. Happy Christmas little man and Happy Christmas Jasper." Charlie replied, kissing both Valerie's and Jace's heads and shaking Jasper's hand. "How about we go open some presents?" Charlie asked, laughing when Jace clapped his hands.

***

They had all been truly spoiled this year. Valerie had painted a picture of herself, Jace, Jasper and Bella (having to copy an old photo of Bella) and some western movies for her Dad, she had gotten him the worlds best Grandpa T-shirt from Jace, and Jasper had gotten him a new leather wallet and gun holster. Bella hadn't come down and looked like there was nothing for any of them, not even her own Dad. He'd gotten a new fishing set from the Cullen's to match the matching T-shirt he got from Billy and Harry. Valerie had also painted the same picture, minus Bella, for Jasper as well as some new books he wanted. Jace got an abundance of toys and clothes from his very large and extensive family. Valerie had gotten mostly Slytherin and Harry Potter related things which she loved, as well as clothes, books and a beautiful heart shaped diamond necklace from Jasper.

"Jace is looking a little hot. Charlie, could you take off his jumper please?" Jasper asked, as the one year old was busy playing with wrapping paper near his grandfather.
"Sure." Charlie agreed, taking it off and revealing the baby-grow to Valerie who gasped and looked over at Jasper as he pulled the wrapped box out of his pocket, he'd slipped it in there when he was passing out the stocking presents.
"Jasper." Valerie said softly, almost like a whisper as she tore into the wrapping paper revealing a black velvet ring box.
"Open it." Jasper encouraged, kissing her temple lovingly. With slightly shaky hands Valerie opened the box to reveal a beautiful Rose gold coloured ring that looked like two bands twisted together beautifully. In the centre was a large diamond with a smaller one on either side as they gradually get smaller as they went down the band to about half way down.

"Valerie I have loved you since the first day I met you." Jasper said, as he moved out from behind her and got down on one knee, the ring now held in his hands. "You are not only my mate but you are my other half, my best friend, my soulmate. Without you I'd be lost, hollow. You and Jace, our handsome lil wolf complete me. I'd do anything for you, for him. You're both my whole worlds and I'd do anything just to see you smile, to see you laugh. I love you so much that even as an empath my own emotions overwhelm me with how much I love you but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love your fiery temper, your laugh and everything in between. Will you make me the happiest man on earth and become my wife?" Jasper asked, hope shining in his eyes and in his voice.

"Yes! Yes of course I'll marry you Jazz." Valerie exclaimed happily, tears in her eyes. She rested her hand on Jasper's cheek and kissed him passionately for a few minutes. This kiss, unlike all the others, seemed to hold more meaning to it. As they pulled apart resting their foreheads against each other and smiling happily as Jasper slipped the ring on her finger.
"Congratulations sweetheart." Charlie said happily, pulling his daughter into a hug once they'd had their moment.
"Thanks Dad." Valerie said happily.
"Welcome to the family Jasper." Charlie said, clapping Jasper on the back in a manly hug.
"Thank you Charlie." Jasper said happily, a wide grin on his face.
"Jace, are you happy, baby?" Valerie asked, brushing his hair out of his face.
"Yeah!" Jace exclaimed, clapping his hands happily while they all laughed. It turned out to be a wonderful Christmas and hopefully one of many.