Chapter One, A New Start

Edited 7/2/2022

Edited 7/2/2022

Chapter One, A New Start

"Come on baby, let's get you ready to go home to Grandad Charlie." Valerie cooed at Jace, who was laying on her bed trying to smile. She was just finishing getting him ready for the three hour flight to Seattle and then the three hour drive to Forks once her Dad picked them up. "Are you smiling for Mama, baby?" Valerie cooed, brushing one of her french plaits over her shoulder and playing with his little feet, making a happy gurgle sound come from the nearly two month old as a smile came onto his face. Valerie quickly took a picture of her smiling son and saved it as her locked screen saver, while praising and kissing her baby boy.
"Sweetheart, Melinda and Jean-Paul are here." Her mother called from the doorway as Valerie was strapping Jace into the car seat making sure he had his dummy and his comfort blanket.

"Mum, he just smiled." Valerie said excitedly, while she checked the straps so her nearly two month old son would be safe.
"He did?" Renée asked, excitedly as she came over to her youngest daughter and her grandson. "Who's a clever boy smiling for his Mama." Renée cooed, getting another smile from Jace as she and Valerie laughed. "Oh, that outfit is adorable." Her mother said, spotting the Mama's boy's outfit he had on. "I can't believe he's nearly two months old, and he's the spitting image of you baby." Her mother said as she kissed her daughter's forehead and then her grandson's.
"I think he looks more like Jason." Valerie said sadly as she rested her head on her mother's shoulder. She was sad that her son would never know his father and she missed him even if he wasn't her mate, she had loved him. They had been together for three years. How could she not.

"I know you miss him but he lives on in Jace, he has Jason's eyes but the rest is all you sweetheart. Remember that as soon as Jace hits two months old that'll mean you'll soon start shifting again. You'll need to speak to Billy so you can be with the pack on the Full Moon, I know Sam Uley has already shifted. I'll remind your Dad when I let him know you, Jace and Bella are on the plane." Renée fretted over her younger daughter.
"Mum, I'm going to be fine I promise." Valerie assured smiling softly at her mother. "Are you going to be okay on your own?" Valerie asked concerned.
"I'll be fine sweetheart." Renée said as she tucked a stray blonde hair behind her daughter's ear. "You may be the Alpha but I'll be just fine. Are you sure you're going to be warm enough once you get to Forks?