Chapter Thirty-Four, The Battle

Four days later. Jasper and Valerie, along with Cameron and Aubrey had gathered in a large snowy field with their family, including her mother and Phil, the rest of her pack, their friends and their witnesses.

Standing opposite them were the Volturi, their Guard and their witnesses, including Irina. Embry and Seth were standing behind Cameron and Aubrey, who were tightly holding Valerie's hands. Jasper was standing beside Aubrey with his arm around Aubrey's shoulders and wrapping around Valerie's waist. On his other side stood Peter and Char who were flanking him, while her mother and Phil stood on Valerie's other side besides Cameron. The Pack, Emmett, Rosie and Bree were spread out behind them.

While, Carlisle and Esme stood in the front with the Denali's and Garrett who was Kate's mate. Behind them were Zafrina and her sister who were ready to blind Kate and Tanya if need be. The rest of the witnesses and the pack stood around us filling in the gaps. Slowly Carlisle stepped forward, his hands held up in peace as he tried to talk Aro down, like he used to. But it didn't seem to have worked.
"They're not Immortal!" Carlisle shouted. "These witnesses or the Legends you have in your own Library will attest to that. Or better yet, see for yourself. You can hear their heart beats, see the blood in their cheeks."

"Artifice!" Caius shouted, but was stopped from saying more when Aro raised his hand.
"I will collect every facet of the truth, but from someone closer to the story. Jasper. As the children cling to your mate. I assume you are involved. Come!" Aro ordered, holding his hand out to Jasper. Valerie suddenly snapped her eyes over to Jasper, fear and worry shining in her eyes. Jasper smiled softly at Valerie as he pressed a kiss to her forehead and sent love to Valerie and the twins as he started to walk towards Aro.
"Daddy!" Cameron and Aubrey shouted scared, causing everyone to look at them as he turned back.