Chapter Nine, Prom

(Angela and Jake's outfit above)

Edited 8/2/2022

Chapter Nine, Prom

A few weeks had passed by and Prom had finally arrived. Angela was at the Swan residence getting ready with Valerie, well they were supposed to be, but right now they were sitting playing with Jace with curlers in their hair and waiting for their nails to dry. Both Jasper and Jacob would be there to pick them up soon.
"He's so handsome and he's got so big." Angela gushed, smiling as Valerie made a bear tickle her son's stomach, his squeals of laughter making them both smile and laugh.
"I know. He's crawling now." Valerie smiled, tenderly brushing his blonde hair out of his face. "It's actually made me want to have another." She confessed, causing Angela's eyes to go as wide as saucers as she squealed and pulled Valerie into a tight hug.
"I don't mean right now." Valerie laughed at her friend's antics. "But at some point I'd like for Jace to be a big brother."

"But you'd like it to be now, right?" Angela teased, wiggling her eyebrows at friend, cackling as she dodged a stuffed toy chucked at her, when there was a knock on the doorframe.
"Girls, you better get ready if you don't want to be late." Charlie reminded them, smiling at them. "And I finally get to have some granddad-grandson quality time." He added, walking further into Jace's bedroom and picking his grandson up off the floor. "Come on lil man. Come to Grandpa."
"Thanks Dad." Valerie smiled.
"No problem. Now get a move on girls." He said firmly, shaking his head as they hurried through the adjoining door back into Valerie's room. "I can tell you're going to be trouble lil man. Already you're distracting the girls." He laughed going downstairs.

Inside Valerie's room, Val and Angela took the curlers out of their hair, ran a brush through their hair before they curled their hair to how they liked and wanted it. They were both thankful Angela had brought over her things so they wouldn't have to share, as they were already running behind. Once they'd finished with the curlers they turned them off and unplugged them, setting them somewhere safe to cool down, as they worked on each other's hair and makeup to get it just right; Val even helped Angela put in some contacts. Soon they were finished and slipped into their shoes and dresses and they looked stunning. Angela wore a beautiful long-sleeved, wine coloured dress with the top half made of lace and the skirt made of silk. She had black strappy heels adorning her feet, burgundy and silver nails, natural eyeshadow, black eyeliner and mascara and burgundy lipstick. And finally her hair was styled in a waterfall braid with the rest of her dark hair left in curls around her shoulders.